• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MEM 4th push back?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's well know that Mesaba is over staffed by over 150, last I checked that's over 10% of the pilot staff. J.O. has even said in RGS that mesaba is hoping something in the fall.

9E crj contract under pressure from the UNDISCLOSED portion of the modified of the 900 contract with DELTA...

I think the SEC and 9E share holders might like to know a thing or two about an UNDISCLOSED modification.

Try again.

pbs reduces stafiing not by 10% the number is 3 -4 % and , we are not that overstaffed, according to planners we are starting to become where we need to be with pilot staffing, the reason we are is the Florida and the Atlanta flying. They will continue to offer TOWOP, but we are not 100+ fat on pilots anymore.

4th bank was discussed at one of the last meetings. time will tell

Heyas Super,

Honestly, I don't think MEM can support a 4th bank.

Back in the full tilt heyday in 1999 and 2000, when there was a 4th bank briefly, it existed mainly to off-load DTW for connecting traffic. We were still at the old terminal in DTW and with only 3 runways, and it was at max capacity and delays were getting bad, so they shifted some lift to MEM.

I'd say MAYBE they'd do the same if ATL was operating at peak, but with the capacity reductions, I wouldn't buy a place in Germantown just yet.

FWIW, I did TDY in MEM for a few months back in '05. I really liked the crews and flying out of there, but the commuting options stank, depending on where you lived.

I can attest, however, that you can get sick of Corkey's/Interstate after that long. I'll miss the TDY option at DAL...it was a good way to "try a base out for size".

Nu

Call Washington... another bank needs a bail out or people will lose jobs!

Latest resources

Back