Medical Requirement Debate

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
some_dude said:
For fun, I will make the argument that not only is a first class not required, but a second class is not required either. A third class will do just fine.

See 61.113(b)(1) and (2). Assuming that my employer is not in the aviation business and is merely using his aircraft for transportation, and is paying me a salary, the flight is incidental to my employment and business. After all, I'm not being paid for that specific flight.

Bzzzttt, nope, sorry not going to buy it ... wouldn't be prudent at this juncture.

OK, well if you were a bonafide employee of the company in another capacity; say the plane was owned by an investment firm, and you were actually employed as one of it's finacial wizards, and you were flying yourself and a co-worker or two to look at an investment opportunity, yeah.
If your only reason for being employed there is to fly the plane (and maybe wash it when it's not flying) then then no. If you don't have a job if the plane is sold, you can hardly claim that the fliying is only incidental to your employment.

Latest resources

Back