Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Medical needed for Comm/IFR-ME addon checkride?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Vik

I'm about to go for my multi-Comm-IFR checkride.

I have a 1st class medical issued on 07/21/2001. It retains the privledges of a 3rd class medical until 07/31/2004 (I'm under 40).

I know you need a 2nd class privledges to perform as a commercial pilot. From what I understand, my 3rd class privledges should be enough to take the checkride, BUT I'd like to make sure.

My address has changed twice since that initial medical in 2001. There was no problem when I took my initial IFR checkride. Will that pose a problem this time? I will have proof of ID, and a bank statement with my new address with me.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know about the address issue, but you should be just fine with your current class of medical. You need a second class medical to operate using commercial-class privledges, but do not need it for the checkride.

Vik said:
My address has changed twice since that initial medical in 2001. There was no problem when I took my initial IFR checkride. Will that pose a problem this time? I will have proof of ID, and a bank statement with my new address with me.

Thanks in advance.
So long as you changed your address with the FAA using the method as specified in the regs (which applies only to the certificate, not the medical), you're good.

Latest resources

Back