Medical Application

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mocaman

On the medical application where it asks about hospitilization... I always say that I was in the hospital for tonsil removal. I think I was about 7 or 8 years old. My question is, Does the the FAA compare previous medical applications to current ones? Say on one application I put that I was 7 years old. then a year later I fill out another one and say it was 8 years old. Should I be concerned? Thanks!

Here'swhat you gotta do, if you aren't sure... don't put it on the app. No point in risking your medical about somehting your aren't sure about. I had a friend (21) who was totally healthy, but couldn't get a medical for about a year and a half because he put he had occasional headaches. So they had to conduct an assload of "tests"

If you always go to the same medical examiner,

you can just check the appropriate block and then in the white space below the blocks, write in, "As previously reported, no change."

If you change medical examiners, you should ask for a copy of your flight physical where you made the explanation. Sometimes they will give you one, sometimes they will only fax it to your new AME...but any which way, you can still do the above with the new medical examiner IF he/she has a copy to see what you are referring to. The point is, your new doc won't want to sign off a medical on any condition that has not been documented and explained to them...

Happy flying....

Don't lose any sleep over it, they are lucky to get your name right on yout license let alone cross referencing benign proceedures done decades ago.

Latest resources

Back