MDA/J4J/APL questions...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
KeroseneSnorter

Just catching up on the latest stuff out there, Looks like they are working hard at putting wording in the scope stuff so that PSA can be sold with minimal effort. I have heard rumblings about PSA and MESA, who knows. It does appear that PSA will get the 70 seaters at 50/50

Actually selling PSA would fix the 50/50 problem without having to change any language. If PSA was sold we would no longer be wholly owned, your LOA 83 or 84 whatever it is, states that any 70 seater placed at a Wholly owned will be staffed at 100% APL.
Nice of your guys to agree to that for us. (notice PSA,ALG,PDT did not agree to that, it was a Mainline MEC and MGT agreement). Also in your LOA a non wholly owned can fly 70 seaters at 50/50 as long as they have agreed to JFJ. That is why there is staffing problem on the 70 seaters at PSA.

Last edited:
Actually the U MEC did not "agree to it for" you, that's why they're in negotiations now, because you guys did not agree to it. I suspect that will pay off for you.

And the sticking point, if I remember correctly, is that the first 25 70 seaters have to be 100% and then 50/50, so selling PSA would not help. Again, I don't think this stipulation will survive the coming week. BWDIK.

Re: KeroseneSnorter

Smoking Man said:
Actually selling PSA would fix the 50/50 problem without having to change any language. If PSA was sold we would no longer be wholly owned, your LOA 83 or 84 whatever it is, states that any 70 seater placed at a Wholly owned will be staffed at 100% APL.
Nice of your guys to agree to that for us. (notice PSA did not agree to that, it was a Mainline MEC and MGT agreement). Also in your LOA a non wholly owned can fly 70 seaters at 50/50 as long as they have agreed to JFJ. That is why there is staffing problem on the 70 seaters at PSA.

Well like I was saying it doesn't look good from any angle.

By the way Smoking Man, you still owe me several beers from early in your career there at PSA! Now that I'm furloughed I may show up to collect! :cool: Hope the family is doing well. You still smoking Marlboro Lights? Me, I finally had to quit the habit, got too old and it started to affect my hobbies!!! Hard to ride a motocross bike, and fish, while wheezing all the time.:D

I still do find time for a nice cigar while out on the boat though!

I also think that 50/50 will be the end result, however I'll have to look at the LOA thing again, just from memory I believe that the 100% on 70 seaters only applied to Wholly owned.

The LOA U MEC and U MGT agreed to, included the 100% on 70 seaters, However the J4J agreement that PSA agreed to was only 50/50 it did not include or exclude any type or configuration of aircraft. That is why we are at the table.

?????

KeroseneSnorter

I don't smoke, However the fam is fine.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back