Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JOPILOT

JP
I heard rumblings on my last trip with Check Airman that Mr. Anderson is not interested in prior mentioned MD90's from China that were supposedly on the way in trade for RJ's, and 787's will not be ordered anytime soon. Anyone else hear anything like this in the ATL? General?

Maybe NWA has all the metal Richard needs to expand DAL routes? I hope this doesn't mean the hiring will slow as well.

Peace JP.

I heard rumblings on my last trip with Check Airman that Mr. Anderson is not interested in prior mentioned MD90's from China that were supposedly on the way in trade for RJ's, and 787's will not be ordered anytime soon. Anyone else hear anything like this in the ATL? General?

Maybe NWA has all the metal Richard needs to expand DAL routes? I hope this doesn't mean the hiring will slow as well.

Peace JP.

I heard the same thing from a check guy I know.....

Besides, who needs -90's when you have 35 -900's coming......Freedom Air just got their first and the Comair Rouge got theirs last week........

Jo, we get third hand-me-down 757's and they get 3 more 900's per jet...........up to 200. Why would we need MD90's......

I would say NO! They are not dead but Anderson is being very conservative. The 90's are still being looked at but they have to show that they are economically viable. That is the process they are in now. Delta is being very conservative in the capital expenditures as they don't want to end up like they did last time with no spending limts. Did not ask this source about the 787's when he was on our flight so I can't speak to that one.

Did say that they want bigger airplanes as ASA/Skywest and Comair are a mess and we can't control them, we would be better off with bigger airplanes running them the way we want to not the way the regionals do. Problem is Mullin and company bought too many of them and now we don't have mainline airplanes to do the domestic we want.

I would say NO! They are not dead but Anderson is being very conservative. The 90's are still being looked at but they have to show that they are economically viable. That is the process they are in now. Delta is being very conservative in the capital expenditures as they don't want to end up like they did last time with no spending limts. Did not ask this source about the 787's when he was on our flight so I can't speak to that one.

Did say that they want bigger airplanes as ASA/Skywest and Comair are a mess and we can't control them, we would be better off with bigger airplanes running them the way we want to not the way the regionals do. Problem is Mullin and company bought too many of them and now we don't have mainline airplanes to do the domestic we want.

Andereson sounds like a smart guy and he must be listening to his folks over at Tech Ops when they say any airplane from China is a potential nightmare for US certification after having been in China for years now. The word is "Conformity" and these aircraft would be a hugh propblem for even a group as talented as Delta Tech Ops. Smart move!

Andereson sounds like a smart guy and he must be listening to his folks over at Tech Ops when they say any airplane from China is a potential nightmare for US certification after having been in China for years now. The word is "Conformity" and these aircraft would be a hugh propblem for even a group as talented as Delta Tech Ops. Smart move!

Plus, most Delta pilots don't speak Mandarin! That smell of Sweet & Sour Pork in the cockpit is distracting too...

Nothing like having those 75's without airvents in the cabin....caliente...

Yeah...those new ones SUCK! No air...always hot. Can't believe that Boeing would make such a DUMB interior. Although I know that it was probably the former company that wanted it that way. Most likely they were NEVER in the BACK of the 75 when it is as HOT AS H#LL!:erm:

Plus, most Delta pilots don't speak Mandarin! That smell of Sweet & Sour Pork in the cockpit is distracting too...

You sure it was Pork?? I hear the Mango "chicken" had four legs......

I heard rumblings on my last trip with Check Airman that Mr. Anderson is not interested in prior mentioned MD90's from China that were supposedly on the way in trade for RJ's, and 787's will not be ordered anytime soon. Anyone else hear anything like this in the ATL?

I have heard nothing from official sources that indicates the 90s are off the table. Lots of rumbling on the line that they may be off the table, but from official sources I would say the rumbling is still saying it will happen. I will say though that any rumors about a large 787 order are totally unfounded.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back