• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

MD80 FMS question

typhoonpilot

Daddy
Total Time
17000+
chperplt said:
How do I plug in an extended centerline?

Thanks

This is one method:

Fly direct to a waypoint or intercept a course to a waypoint. Enter a waypoint in the RTE LEGS page active waypoint line ( 1L ) to fly direct. Use the INTC CRS TO prompt in line 6R to create an intercept course to the waypoint. You would then ensure the heading shown at 6R is the final approach heading by either entering it or line selecting it.

Another method which may or may not be available on your particular version is to select the DEP/ARR page. At the bottom on 6R it would say XXX INTC. Push that and you should see a straight line going to the FAF.

TP

FN FAL

Freight Dawgs Rule
Total Time
7,000+
A dvd with FMS simulation would have saved me a lot of grief in training...good luck with it typhoonpilot.

I'm surprised the manufacterers of these things don't try to make a bunch of money off of selling training software to us pilots that never used one.