• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MD-88 added to the regional aircraft category

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sitting in the last row of an MD-88 with no window and the engine screaming in your ear and the hope there is no uncontained engine failure is so comforting..Oh wait didn't Delta have that happen in PNS many years ago on takeoff and the shrapnel took out a pax in that row?...How many RJs have a seat with no window and you are sitting literally next to(middle) the engine.

Sitting in the last row of an MD-88 with no window and the engine screaming in your ear and the hope there is no uncontained engine failure is so comforting..Oh wait didn't Delta have that happen in PNS many years ago on takeoff and the shrapnel took out a pax in that row?...How many RJs have a seat with no window and you are sitting literally next to(middle) the engine.

that was a stupid comment. what's your point.

Did I ask for your opinion?.. Why do you have to be a d!ckhead

LOL....MAN I love flightinfo....

Sir...this is a message board, no need to ask for my or anyone elses opinion. You'll get one regardless.

I wasn't trying to be a 'richard cranium'. Just calling a spade a spade.

Your post appears to be saying that riding in the executive lounge/non-rev special area of the last few rows of the Maddog is dangerous when compared to the CRJ. Yes, there was ONE incident where the motor flung a few blades and entered the cabin....out of about how many millions of hours and cycles on that type. If a 757 or 737 had the same caliber of failure in the same conditions, I gaurantee the cabin would have been penetrated.

You see my logic...one is no more safer than the other with regards to seat location. I believe people were refering to more of the comfort value. I'm not trashing either ship. I flew the CRJ...and the ATR. If I'm going to talk smack about a plane...we'll bring up the Metro-III

carry on...

LOL....MAN I love flightinfo....

Sir...this is a message board, no need to ask for my or anyone elses opinion. You'll get one regardless.

I wasn't trying to be a 'richard cranium'. Just calling a spade a spade.

Your post appears to be saying that riding in the executive lounge/non-rev special area of the last few rows of the Maddog is dangerous when compared to the CRJ. Yes, there was ONE incident where the motor flung a few blades and entered the cabin....out of about how many millions of hours and cycles on that type. If a 757 or 737 had the same caliber of failure in the same conditions, I gaurantee the cabin would have been penetrated.

You see my logic...one is no more safer than the other with regards to seat location. I believe people were refering to more of the comfort value. I'm not

trashing either ship. I flew the CRJ...and the ATR. If I'm going to talk smack
about a plane...we'll bring up the Metro-III

carry on...

HAHAHAH!!!!!...that's what I love about FI also, is guys like you interpret someones post based on what it " appears to say" instead of what it actually said. If I was going to say the maddog was unsafe I would have come out and said it!!!.. Like you would say , "just calling a spade a spade".

Now let's move on past the petty BS!!!!

The MD is as safe as any airliner flying today (especially if you back out the AK jackscrew accident/gross negligence...the same thing woulda happened to ANY plane if neglected as severely and for as long).

Those seats by the engines, however, are THE worst seats in the industry, bar none. ANY RJ is vastly superior from a comfort perspective. That said, the rest of the MD cabin is one of the best rides in the industry. Very few middle seats and (other than the seats mentioned) a very, very quiet tube.

Latest resources

Back