• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MD-80 Freighters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Having flown both the 737F, and DC9F from a pilot point I can say that the DC9 has very few positives over the 737F. Most notably the ease of loading the 737 over the DC9 (door location). 737 will swallow both standard 125" and 108" (DC9) ULD's.. It's also difficult to load the 737 out of CG, not so with the 9. The CG on the 9 moves forward more significantly as fuel is burned increasing loading issues. Also the 737 can accommodate more double stacked freight per comparable linear foot than the 9. The MD80F is going do be a DC9 loading problem X2.

I completely agree with you. I've flown the 737-300F and the DC-9-15 and aside from the door consideration the 37 is superior in almost every other way.

I completely agree with you. I've flown the 737-300F and the DC-9-15 and aside from the door consideration the 37 is superior in almost every other way.

Agreed. I've flown both types as well. The DC9 has a special spot in my heart as it was my first "big" airplane and I ended up flying every variant except for the -20 and the 717. That said, in my opinion the 737 was a better airplane.

Latest resources

Back