• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MCO commuting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm new to 121, none of these perks in the 135 world. How do I learn this stuff, will it be explained in training?

Trial and (hopefully minimal) error, I don't remember even having any official instruction on it.

In a nutshell: 1) Pick a flight you want to get on. 2) check in at the ticket counter or gate and tell them you would like to jumpseat. Be nice. 3) Talk to the crew and ask for a ride, even if the gate has already assigned you a seat.

As long as you're respectful and not an @ss to anyone as you learn the etiquette you should be OK.

There is no employee parking at DAB. Don't you mean your roommate takes you to and from the airport?

There is certainly employee parking at DAB, use it on a very regular basis...follow signs for rental car return, but so strait between the metal blockaids (sp?) It's between the main and int'l terminals by the VCSO trailer.

Trial and (hopefully minimal) error, I don't remember even having any official instruction on it.

In a nutshell: 1) Pick a flight you want to get on. 2) check in at the ticket counter or gate and tell them you would like to jumpseat. Be nice. 3) Talk to the crew and ask for a ride, even if the gate has already assigned you a seat.

As long as you're respectful and not an @ss to anyone as you learn the etiquette you should be OK.

Thanks for the input. I have a lot to learn, yet.

Where are you going to be based? I commuted to JFK for a little then didn't have to, now I'm going back to JFK. The fee is $34 at MCO at the GOAA building. DAB might be tough seeing how only DL, CO, and I think UA are the only airlines that fly there. MCO gives you so many more options. Good luck.

For some reason there are some crews that don't like the MCO employee parking and use some of the local hotels. I think it is the Crowne Plaza hotel just north of the airport offers monthly parking passes for airline crews for around $30/month. I commuted out of MCO for a few years and tried the hotel one month, but went back to the airport lot. There are options though.

I have a friend that uses the Marriott Courtyard parking and he says it works well but if you miss the shuttle you can be waiting for a while. It also takes some time to get the shuttle to pick you up. I would suggest just to use the employee lot and pay the money. The employee shuttle runs 24 hours and you won't have to wait longer than 5 minutes most of the time.

Where are you going to be based? I commuted to JFK for a little then didn't have to, now I'm going back to JFK. The fee is $34 at MCO at the GOAA building. DAB might be tough seeing how only DL, CO, and I think UA are the only airlines that fly there. MCO gives you so many more options. Good luck.

Lots of good advice, thanks guys!

To add to this, I just got hired with PDT and I will be commuting from DAB or whatever airport I have to, for at least a couple months until I can get moved. All good info.

Latest resources

Back