Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Never Trust A Monkey
Hi-

I'm looking through some of the regionals that offer MCO as a domicile. Is that usually a hard base to get? How long would it take to get that at Comair? Dare I say it?......how about at Mesa?

How is commuting out of MCO up to all the popular domiciles?

Thanks

Hi-

I'm looking through some of the regionals that offer MCO as a domicile. Is that usually a hard base to get? How long would it take to get that at Comair? Dare I say it?......how about at Mesa?

Thanks

Comair - "forget it, too senior" to quote a Comair crew I spoke to.

Mesa- (If you can get an ERJ class) forget it, too senior. Lots of ppl with MCO standing bids too. ERJ new hires going to ATL.

Commute out of MCO is sometimes hard, but I don't find it nearly as hard as some ppl make it out to be. CASS is a life saver.

Thanks greg.

Thats pretty much a bummer, but expected.

Thanks greg.

Thats pretty much a bummer, but expected.

Yea, commuting sux. I would advise you to put bases towards the bottom of ur list when shopping for an airline. Some companies bases change with the seasons and you can actually have a better QOL commuting with some airlines over being based at home with others. I wish I know that 8 months ago.

Hi-

Thanks

Most junior MCO FO is abuot 3 years seniority at Comair

I commuted from Dallas to MCO for 3 months.

During the summer when every 200lb soccer mom is waddling down the jetway with the 5 screaming brats to go see the Mouse, it's a very, very tough commute.

CASS is an absolute must for MCO commuters, and even then, it's one of the tougher commutes out there.

During the offseason, it seems to be not so bad.

Latest resources

Back