Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

xkuzme1

As previously briefed!
Hello everyone. I was just wondering if anyone might be able to help me out. I may soon be commuting from MCI or ORD and I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this particular commute.

There are plenty of flights to commute on but I would imagine that there is no shortage of commuters.

Thanks guys,

X

IF THE JOB IS WORTH IT MOVE TO YOUR BASE.
Other wise just spend tons of time going back anf forth and sitting in crash pads.

No really, why commute?

It is worth far more to me to live close to my family. Sunday dinners with at Grandmas house are awfully hard without living in the same city. It would be the most selfish thing that I could do is take my family away from our chosen HOME and move to a strange place with no family or friends, just to save me the luxury of not having to commute.

I already commute. It sucks, but my family comes first.

So back to the MCO-ORD-MCI commute... Anyone?

Last edited:
It's not too bad. Lots of SWA flights to MDW as a backup. Commuted on AA alone for about 6 mos awhile ago.

Hello everyone. I was just wondering if anyone might be able to help me out. I may soon be commuting from MCI or ORD and I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this particular commute.

There are plenty of flights to commute on but I would imagine that there is no shortage of commuters.

Thanks guys,

X

Lots of flights to ORD but lots of commuters too. Getting in or out on Sunday was the usually the worse. MDW is a backup and the "L" runs from ORD all the way to MDW. It takes along time but it is a good, cheap last resort. Of course as the other poster said, the best commute is no commmute. If you can move near where you are going to be based your QOL goes way up, not to mention costs associated with commuting add up fast.

It is worth far more to me to live close to my family. Sunday dinners with at Grandmas house are awfully hard without living in the same city. It would be the most selfish thing that I could do is take my family away from our chosen HOME and move to a strange place with no family or friends, just to save me the luxury of not having to commute.

I already commute. It sucks, but my family comes first.

So back to the MCO-ORD-MCI commute... Anyone?

Sorry I missed this post when I responded. Ignore everything I said about not commuting and just go with the first sentence. Oh I have one thing to add. Getting employee parking is very difficult at ORD, or at least it was. Even if you had a beater car for driving around while you were in Chicago you often had to pay to park it somewhere else, and use public transportion to get to wherever you parked it. Thus make sure your crash pad and wherever you park your car is near an "L" station.

Latest resources

Back