• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Maytag or Whirlpool?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you're feeling generous, ask the little lady which one she'd rather use to clean your crap with.

Well.. would you rather get.. how was it put in the other thread..

Get a paper cut on your nipple or get caught masterbating by your mother? :)

Depends upon what kind of appliance you're talking about. Washer/Dryer? Fridge? Dishwasher? Stove? Those are just the obvious ones, both manufacturers make even more appliances than those.

My mom swears by Maytag, but you'll pay more than Whirlpool. All of my major appliances are Whirlpool and they've all worked flawlessly... Individual models of both brands are highly rated by CR, it depends upon the models you're looking at.

FWIW Whirlpool on average is one of the top two or three brands in terms of "frequency of repair" for major appliances, frequently best of all, and in most cases better than Maytag (source again is CR).

Have you considered the Sears house brand Kenmore? I think most Kenmore stuff is made by Whirlpool, which broadens your choices and sometimes Sears offers killer deals in their weekend supplements.

I think Maytag is being bought by a Chinese company. In the not too distant future we will all be working for the Chinese.

GP

FlyingDawg said:
Isn't Whirlpool buying Maytag? Just wait a few days it will be one company making your decision moot.

They were going to merge these companies, but the unions were fighting about seniority issues too much with all the "maytag men" so the deal fell through.

Latest resources

Back