• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

May Red arrow days..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What do you mean, what is about to happen??? Did I miss another rumor?!

I think what he's referring to could be the merger with Compass. I heard Inc. was shopping for Mesaba or Compass to do a complete merge with ASA. This is supposedly to help make us a little closer in size to Skywest. Apparently Mesaba is now out and Compass looks like the likely acquisition. This isn't official but I heard it from a friend with a friend in the GO. Also they have been talking about it in several RGT classes.

Hey is there anyway to swap a 4 day for back to back 2 days in open time?

I think what he's referring to could be the merger with Compass. I heard Inc. was shopping for Mesaba or Compass to do a complete merge with ASA. This is supposedly to help make us a little closer in size to Skywest. Apparently Mesaba is now out and Compass looks like the likely acquisition. This isn't official but I heard it from a friend with a friend in the GO. Also they have been talking about it in several RGT classes.

I've been hearing about a third airline and a possible aquisition. I can think of two wholly owned airlines that would make a far better fit with ASA, equipment wise, than Compass. Either way, I am more inclined to believe we are on the brink of some big news. Apparently, it's been in the works for quite a few months- along the lines of December.

Hey is there anyway to swap a 4 day for back to back 2 days in open time?

Only if the trips occupy the same exact days. Just did the same thing a few months ago.

You can always publish it in Mutual Trades for a trade with another pilot. According to the pundits, that is a way around the red arrow days. HaHaHa--good luck on that idea! That's a smashing, short-sighted, simpleton, strategy that has a somewhat snowball chance in haiti of SUCKcess! :smash:

I've been hearing about a third airline and a possible aquisition. I can think of two wholly owned airlines that would make a far better fit with ASA, equipment wise, than Compass. Either way, I am more inclined to believe we are on the brink of some big news. Apparently, it's been in the works for quite a few months- along the lines of December.

I could see a Compass purchase. A fresh new 10 year agreement for ASA/SkyWest and Inc expands the 70 seat portfolio. Why buy Comair or Mesaba? We don't need more 50's or turboprops. They may be interested in getting into the 170 now that Republic has changed strategies.

I could see a Compass purchase. A fresh new 10 year agreement for ASA/SkyWest and Inc expands the 70 seat portfolio. Why buy Comair or Mesaba? We don't need more 50's or turboprops. They may be interested in getting into the 170 now that Republic has changed strategies.

The turboprops will be gone entirely in a relatively short period of time. Delta is less than impressed with their performance and the passenger experience they provide. Mesaba does, however, have a limited number of 900's and 200's. The 200's are antiquated- we've got enough of those on our own. However, the 900's are critical towards ensuring our longevity- it's the next step up and the new hot commodity. Same goes with Comair.

Given that Delta wishes to terminate 50 seat flying, or at least cut it back with an ax, that leaves two wholly owned airlines that would be left with only a handful of efficient airframes- after Delta makes their reductions in 50 seat feed. I can't see two wholly owned airlines hanging around with no more than 30 airframes apiece- it just doesn't make fiscal sense. However, if you take the limited assets that are left, roll them into one nice package, and sell them to a carrier to operate under an agreement for a healthy amount of lettuce..........................................then you're talkin'

I can see several airlines that could be thrown into the mix here- allowing ASA the growth it needs to lower block hour costs and compete. We've got to grow- it's the only way we're going to get cheaper amongst our DCI peers. I think there's a massive realignment of DCI flying on the horizon, and a pivotal shift in the carriers associated with it. Hey- even absorbing the afformentioned carriers helps get us closer to the "#2 to the cheapest" slot we seek to obtain to meet our cost metric with Delta. This could simply be a way to get rid of the cheaper competition....................

Last edited:
And why, as ASA pilots, do we have such an ego-centric perspective? Maybe, we are the lambs!

Ego? I have no complex that puts myself ahead of anyone. However, from my seat and what I am seeing, the above post is merely what I deduct from the state of the industry. Perhaps we are the hunted, and perhaps it is we, that are on the chopping block. However, I feel confident enough in the direction of our leadership to picture that we are still in the game to win.

However, if we are indeed doomed, then so be it- it ain't up to me, is it??????

Latest resources

Back