MAXjet will be interviewing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

N92553

MAXjet will be taking delivery of two aircraft in JAN and FEB to place into service in the MAR-APR timeframe. The next round of interviewing will likely be in December and January to staff these aircraft. MAXjet will be hiring 36 pilots for these aircraft.

MAXjet just instituted second year pay and extra flying incentives. Second year is $93,000 for Captains and $53,000 for First Officers. The pay is salaried and based on a schedule of around 12-16 days. Any open trip picked up pays a daily rate $400/per day for Captains and $250 per day for First Officers. Per Diem is $2.33 per hour TAFB.

Medical/Dental is throug Met Life and Blue Cross/Blue Shield. MAXjet picks up 80% of premium. It works out to be roughly $55 montly for a single person and $170 for a family. Free short term and long term disability is proided up to two years.

Resumes can be sent to:

MAXjet Airways
C/O Flight Operations
44965 Aviation DR Suite 260
Dulles, VA 20166

What kind of times are guys getting hired with? I assume many are furloughed with time in type? Any posted min's? Thanks in advance

I don't know if there are any set minimums but about 6000TT has been the lowest so far. I believe all most all have over a 1000 PIC jet time. I think as the airline grows the numbers will become lower over time.

Any regional guys getting hired without widebody time? I have a friend at Comair with about 6000TT and 2500TPIC mostly in the CRJ. Does he stand a chance? He's JFK based now and would love to stay in NYC.

I have heard that MaxJet is losing 5 Mil a month. How long do you think they can continue down this road while opening new routes like Las Vegas to Standstead before the roof caves in.

Just recently they had one of their B767's grounded for two+ weeks, (may still be grounded?) when it was discovered that the airplane did not have a certified functioning windshear system in it! The airplane had been in service from day one of operations. Sounds like they have some real operational issues to over come. One of the Boeings that they recently bought had a small issue with it's mechanical history. It was one of three airplanes based in the Middle East during the Gulf war. It was out of town so to speak, when the two sister ships were destroyed on the gound. Problem was that all five years of maintenance records were destroyed for the one remaining aircraft. Maxjet has been going through barbwire trying to get it back into the US with this significant problem in it's past. It's called confomity and the FAA takes it very seriusly. Don't bet the house on the two airplanes that are supposed to come in December as there seem to be other claims on them outside of Maxjet. Bottom line, this looks more like a house of cards every day that passes.

Latest resources

Back