MaxJet Jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Billy,

Its too hot for a damn penguin to be walkin around here.....

But anyways, back to reality. Not totally sure about the CASS thing, but I did jumpseat on them back in late June of '06, with my previous airline that was not CASS. I did London to IAD. (USAir to get over to Gatwick). It was extremely easy. Did call the HQ # a few days in advance to ensure that my airline did have an agreement with them, checked loads and I did not even list on the phone. Just showed up in Stansted and went to the counter, told them Id like to jumpseat, some dude in a spiffy black suit and ear piece took my passport, credit card, and crew id to the back room to list me and charge me the taxes (bout $55 US I think.) I should have been nervous with him taking all my stuff but I wasn't. About 10 minutes later he came back with a standby ticket, and after that, first class all the way man! With a max jet ticket, Stansted Airport pretty much kisses your A$$. Special top secret security line, etc. Apetizers on a silver platter and mimossa's before we even pushed. Enjoy, PM with additional questions. Very easy overall process though.

-D

Be careful with the departure taxes, the Brits just raised them. I think they pretty much doubled them, so what was $75 bucks to get back from Stansted is now abut $150.

Hey Billy,

Its too hot for a dang penguin to be walkin around here.....

But anyways, back to reality. Not totally sure about the CASS thing, but I did jumpseat on them back in late June of '06, with my previous airline that was not CASS. I did London to IAD. (USAir to get over to Gatwick). It was extremely easy. Did call the HQ # a few days in advance to ensure that my airline did have an agreement with them, checked loads and I did not even list on the phone. Just showed up in Stansted and went to the counter, told them Id like to jumpseat, some dude in a spiffy black suit and ear piece took my passport, credit card, and crew id to the back room to list me and charge me the taxes (bout $55 US I think.) I should have been nervous with him taking all my stuff but I wasn't. About 10 minutes later he came back with a standby ticket, and after that, first class all the way man! With a max jet ticket, Stansted Airport pretty much kisses your A$$. Special top secret security line, etc. Apetizers on a silver platter and mimossa's before we even pushed. Enjoy, PM with additional questions. Very easy overall process though.

-D

Wow. Cool. Thanks for the info. Sounds like the way to ride across the ocean!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back