Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Longhorn

Evil Genius
Here is the link to their website. Good luck guys...

Link

from the Maxjet website:

IMPORTANT UPDATE FROM MAXJET

Information below regarding those who have booked travel

Dear Friends of MAXjet:

It is with deep regret that I must inform you that MAXjet filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy on 24 December 2007. With today’s fuel prices and the resulting impact on the credit climate for airlines, we are forced to take this drastic measure. Our top priority is to assist our customers, particularly those who already have begun their travel with us, in securing alternative flight accommodations.

MAXjet has contracted with Eos Airlines for seats on Eos’ scheduled all-Premium service to accommodate passengers awaiting a return flight between New York and London. Passengers needing return travel between London, Los Angeles and Las Vegas will be contacted regarding their flight re-accommodations. Any customers who choose to make flight accommodations directly should seek a refund from their point of purchase (credit card or travel agency) for the unused leg of their journey.

We have also secured hotel rooms in London, New York, Las Vegas and Los Angeles through early January 2008 which we will provide to affected passengers whose travel plans have been disrupted.

On behalf of the entire MAXjet family, we extend our apologies to you for the inconvenience. We are extremely saddened to discontinue a service that we so passionately believe in, and we thank our loyal flyers who helped build MAXjet since our start in 2005.

Sincerely,

William D. Stockbridge
President and CEO

from the CEO's letter it
sond slike they are no longer flying?????or will stop after january??? and the company is being kept on chapter 11 while peparing chapter 7. if they are not flying chapter 11 can only lead t chapter 7 as there is no income coming .

I hope all the pilots can find better jobs

Many Maxjet guys are old Midway and ACA/Indy... another Ch11.... good luck guys... keep your heads up...shoulders back...

from the CEO's letter it
sond slike they are no longer flying?????or will stop after january??? and the company is being kept on chapter 11 while peparing chapter 7. if they are not flying chapter 11 can only lead t chapter 7 as there is no income coming .

I hope all the pilots can find better jobs

I believe they have stopped flying. CAL is offering all Maxjet paxs ticket service out of EWR.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/071224/lam010.html?.v=101

Continental Airlines to Accept MAXjet Airways Tickets
Monday December 24, 11:14 am ET
HOUSTON, Dec. 24 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Continental Airlines (NYSE: CAL - News) has announced that it will accept tickets for standby travel from passengers who were originally scheduled to fly on MAXjet Airways following that airline's cessation of service, on Dec. 24, 2007.

MAXjet customers will be accepted for travel on a standby basis on Continental flights between Los Angeles/Las Vegas/Newark and London Gatwick from Dec. 24, 2007 through January 6, 2008. Passengers will be charged a $50 per flight segment ticketing fee, plus any applicable taxes and security fees. Continental will waive the current fuel service charge normally required for Newark to London passengers.

Proof of confirmed ticketing on MAXjet flights will be required to qualify for the special rate on Continental. MAXjet customers wanting to reschedule their travel may call Continental reservations at 1-800-525-0280. Additional information is available at continental.com.

Maxjet

Not sure Chapter11 means they are completely done, David Needleman has been looking at books for several days to use this certificate for something going long range south. He still has not made a decision so far regarding his interest.

The Eos Chief Pilot and D.O. has stated that every Maxjet crewmember would be "interviewed with preference".

Good luck to all....

another great gift for the holidays...just like Indy..

Another idiot poster. Indy "announced" the shutting down on Jan 2, and gave 3 or 4 days notice. Unlike most carriers that just stop flying without notice.

Best of luck to my MaxJet friends.

I had a maxjet guy on my j/s twice this month,commuting to las,a class act gentleman.whish him and the others well.
If there's anything we can do at A/T to help,don't hesitate to pm any of us.

What a Christmas present... :(

Best of luck folks. The only positive is that it's quite a job market out here, lots of openings all over the map, from charter to corporate to fractional to majors.

Hope everyone lands on their feet and soon!

Latest resources

Back