Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

airgator

FUBIJAR
What is the maximum duty day for a double crew in a -400? In the classic, here at Connieland we routinely do double crews which allows for 24 hours of flying, 30 hours of duty. Now that we're getting -400's, I was wondering what the rules are. I was told the company plans on using 1 capt and 3 fo's on trips. How do you guys at Polar and Atlas do it?

What does your company operating manual say?? Generally in the scumbag 121 non-sched freight operators, there is no such thing as a limited duty day, unless it's limited by a labor contract.

These sharks will push you to fly you till you drop as long as the freight gets there.

If something happens, the company will instantly blame YOU for flying tired when you could have called in fatigued. The people that run these companies care nothing for you. You're disposable. Remember that.

Been there. Did that. Won't do it again.

Sorry not have a bit more info (my contract is more limiting) but I think to get the max flying time out of you they would need a crew of 2/2 .With one Capt I believe you are limited to 16 hr of flight time. BTW do you guys use Boeing procedures ? I was asked to do some 400 Sim work and was wondering.

What is the maximum duty day for a double crew in a -400? In the classic, here at Connieland we routinely do double crews which allows for 24 hours of flying, 30 hours of duty. Now that we're getting -400's, I was wondering what the rules are. I was told the company plans on using 1 capt and 3 fo's on trips. How do you guys at Polar and Atlas do it?

With a four man crew it should be 16 Hrs of flying and 20 hours of duty (121 Supplemental).

Please site the regulation for your contention that there is a 20 hour duty day limitation for part 121 supplemental carriers. AFAIK, there is no duty day limitation for supplemental carriers, just a flight time limitation

§ 121.509 Flight time limitations: Four pilot crews: airplanes:

(a) No certificate holder conducting supplemental operations may schedule a pilot—

(1) For flight deck duty in an airplane that has a crew of four pilots for more than eight hours in any 24 consecutive hours; or

(2) To be aloft in an airplane that has a crew of four pilots for more than 16 hours in any 24 consecutive hours.

(b) No pilot of an airplane that has a crew of four pilots may be on duty for more than 20 hours in any 24 consecutive hours.

[Doc. No. 6258, 29 FR 19218, Dec. 31, 1964; 30 FR 3639, Mar. 19, 1965, as amended by Amdt. 121–253, 61 FR 2613, Jan. 26, 1996]

hth,
sun'n fun

That's domestic. International rules have no duty time limit with no more than 12 hours scheduled flight time.

That's domestic. International rules have no duty time limit with no more than 12 hours scheduled flight time.

Subpart S—Flight Time Limitations: Supplemental Operations:

§ 121.500 Applicability.

This subpart prescribes flight time limitations and rest requirements for supplemental operations, except that certificate holders conducting operations with airplanes having a passenger seat configuration of 30 seats or fewer, excluding each crewmember seat, and a payload capacity of 7,500 pounds or less, may comply with the applicable requirements of §§135.261 through 135.273 of this chapter.

I think you're mixing it up with 121.513 and 121.521 which does not apply to four pilot crews.

hth,
sun'n fun

What does your company operating manual say?? Generally in the scumbag 121 non-sched freight operators, there is no such thing as a limited duty day, unless it's limited by a labor contract.

These sharks will push you to fly you till you drop as long as the freight gets there.

If something happens, the company will instantly blame YOU for flying tired when you could have called in fatigued. The people that run these companies care nothing for you. You're disposable. Remember that.

Been there. Did that. Won't do it again.

He didnt ask your opinion on flying fatigued, Why not stick to the subject instead of trying to pick a fight. A little therapy might do you some good fella.

Latest resources

Back