Maui

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fitzy

My lady and I are heading to Maui, Monday 7-22. Never been there before. Any info on the hot spots would be greatly appreciated. Its a big wedding and I'm the best man, so any help on a best man speech would be great, too. We are all Irish , so you know what that means!! 50 irishmen on the beach--God help us!!

"And may all your up and downs be under the sheets" cheers

Go to the airport in Hana there is a guy that does rides on a powered hang glider, the experiance is to die for.

Qui

There is a good snorkelling-day trip to molokinin (sp?) crater. You sail out to the crater then spend the day snorkelling, drinking, and eating. Great Fun! It can get pretty crowded but its worth it. Also if you're looking to rent gear look up Snorkel Bob's, if they are still around they have good deals on nice equipment.

Dude...Snorkeling at the crater, Haliakala Crater in the morning, Lindberghs Grave in Hana. Hana is a long, long ride but I thought worth the trip. Bubba Gumps for dinner. Dive off Black Rock.....Look how about I go and be your guide? I'll write the speech for you. Oh yea, and if you dont want to spring for snorkling go to Costco in town. They seem to always have a good set for snorkeling for about 30.00$ or so. Costco is next to Walmart and Home Depot.

I'll go for you! How about that!

Gotta watch the Windsurfers at Ho'okipa. Also, if you are going to do the Hale'akala bike trip, don't do the guided one from the top. If you do that one, you have to stay together as a group. Mo bettah to take the one that drops you off at the bottom of the national park. I've done that one and they still take you up to the top, give you a good tour, and then take you back to about the 8000 ft level where they set you free. There's a great place for brunch about halfway down but the name escapes me. I like the Charthouse in Lahaina for a nice dinner. If you like to fish, you are in the right place. Grab 5 of your buddies and charter a boat and go catching (that's right, catching). Lot's of good fishing and you may even hook up with a Pacific Blue Marlin. Conditions look right for you to be able to catch some good surf on the south facing beaches for the first few days you are there. Have fun but be careful around the ocean. It's been a bad year for drownings. Swim only at guarded beaches, heed the signs and listen to the lifeguards and you'll be fine. Aloha.

PS. Please spend a lot of money

I miss that place

When I was out there. I opened up the phone book and found a place I could rent a C-172. I took the instructor w/ me and let him work the radio. I can't pronounce the names of those airports out there. Also he can watch out for traffic for you. You won't be able to because the view down below is so awsom.

No matter what you do out there, your going to have a great time. Just don't get a sunburn. That puts a damper on you week.

Mama's restraunt, just outside of the city of Pia on the north shore. Nice romantic getaway for you and your girl if you can get away from everybody.

I just flew over to Maui and back to Oahu about three hours ago. Weather was pretty skoshy today, but don't worry. In Hawaii, if you wait 5 minutes, it will change.

One thing nobody has mentioned is the Iao Needle in the West Maui mountains. It's pretty awesome terrain. There are great hiking trails as well. You'll have a blast. My wife and I have lived here for 2 1/2 years and leave in 6 months. We are already dreading the thought of leaving. It's wonderful here. See ya!!

Peter

PS If you have any more specific questions about Maui or Hawaii, just send me a private message......

If you have an extra day, go sport fishing. Kona is one of the best big game fish area's of the world....I am sure Maui has charter boats also though.

Nothin quite like hooking a 500 lbs Marlin.

If you do catch one, be sure to tag and release it though!

Latest resources

Back