Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

steveg

JXCAP 49281
We're looking at doing a family reunion in Aug. Anybody with kids, several families, etc. been lately? Any rec's on where to stay? Thanks.

Steve

There are all kinds of places to stay in Maui depending on your price range and what sort of activities you have planned. Condos in Ka'anapali can be had at a reasonable rate (Royal Lahaina comes to mind) and there's plenty for the kids to do. It's also close to Lahaina.
If you're looking for luxury, the Grand Wailea is very nice and the pools they have there will keep the kids busy for half the day. Grand Wailea is close to Kihei. Loads of other stuff out there, but if you do a websearch for Kaanapali and Wailea, you will find all kinds of good stuff.
If you've never been before, I recommend the bike ride down Haleakala with a lunch break halfway down. Great snorkeling/diving at Molokini. The drive to Hana (where Lindy is buried), is gorgeous and an adventure....for a real adventure, go all the way around (well, maybe not with kids), but the 7 pools just beyond Hana are nice. That is a long-a$$ed day though. If the surf is huge, go see Jaws (Peahi) after you have breakfast in Pa'ia. If it's not, then the kite surfers are cool to check out at Ho'okipa. Of course, all the golf is fantastic and the bimbos will like the shopping in Lahaina. Too much to do there to list right now, but hopefully this helps a little.

Thanks Hugh. I've been myself many times, but on layovers. I'm thinking Ka'anapalli, so I'll check into the place you mentioned. Anybody else have any specific rec's on condo's?

Thanks

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back