Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Master's Degree for Corporate Flight Dept Management?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BugSmasher999

Bounce, counts for two!
I am considering entering a master's program for a semi aviation related degree. I was interested to know how pilots/managers feel about the way the industry is moving. Meaning do you think that company's are now or in the future will be looking for flight department managers hold a masters degree to qualify for a management position.

Thank you.

BugSmasher999

BugSmasher999 said:
I am considering entering a master's program for a semi aviation related degree. I was interested to know how pilots/managers feel about the way the industry is moving. Meaning do you think that company's are now or in the future will be looking for flight department managers hold a masters degree to qualify for a management position.

Thank you.

BugSmasher999

Certainly not a requirement IMHO...but never hurts.

If you have the time, discipline, and if your employer is picking up the tab -- why not? I would not pay for it yourself thinking its going to get you the position...but thats just me.

contrary to what you hear from Yipsilanti, education is good.

Talk to the resume writer Kathy Sweeney. She answered this question for me when I was considering getting an MBA. She basically said its not worth the debt. Find your niche in the market and exploit it. A degree with no practical experience is not much. If someone else is picking up the tab then i'd jump on it but the impression I got was that it won't make a big difference.

Latest resources

Back