• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Master Senority List

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
EOpilot, I wasn't disagreeing with your post, just using it as a segway.... I think we agree more than disagree. Newman55 has good points as well.. Also, it isn't necessarily hourly rate. Benefits and work rules are critical.

Work rules are the Biggest issue here. Pay rates can be locally driven and benefits are carrier specific. My desire for my carrier is for trip and duty rigs to be in place. This will keep company schedulers from needlessly assigning crews to DH or oneway trip to sit reserve. We have a trip that departs ATL to MCN on friday and the crew sits until the return trip to ATL on sunday. One hour of pay for three days work. Trip rigs and duty rig will prevent this and better utilize a pilot/crew.

Just a note. Work rules don't just benefit the pilot/crew, the company gets better utilization of the pilot/crew. If you are going to pay the pilot/crew a minimum per duty day, then fly them for at least the minimum if not more. It does not hurt the company to utilize its assets to the maximum. It benefits the company and provides smoother operations daily. That is what drives the company into profit. Customers are happy when things run smooth. They also become return customers when they are happy.

BlackPilot628 said:
We all have been going through quite a bit a problems over the last 3 years. Problems from different unions etc.

Having a couple of UAL guys on the jumpseat most of them always bring up and recommend that we all go to one union and have a master Seniority List.
What are your thoughts and what would be the pro's and con's?

I think that JO and our freinds over at Mesa are currently working on a master seniority list for all airlines.

If you have pilots under a different contract flying aircraft in your paint scheme, you have problems. Look at what this has done to the industry. There is no way a master seniority list or a master contract will work. We can not monopolize labor as companies can not monopolize the industry. The only hope we have is brand scope; one pilot list for one company. Stop outsourcing of jobs. I hate how all you guys boo-hoo about flowbacks and flowups and what not. The reality of the situation is you are at the mercy of the company that is the lowest bidder. Just look at what has happened at XJT, if you guys had one list, not a single one of you would be losing your job, in fact many of you would actually be upgraded. Here's the bottom line, whatever management doesn't want, is what we should be fighting for.

Latest resources

Back