• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JediNein

No One Special at all
Hi guys!
On your applications for NAFI's Master CFI, how detailed did y'all get with the "Statement of Activity Relevance"?

Does NAFI expect 'War and Peace' or want something more than 'instructing primary students is a basic duty of a flight instructor"?

Thanks!
Jedi Nein

Also, if anyone is interested, I modified the application from NAFI's website into a PDF Form. Instead of pulling out the typewriter, just type the info into the document. PM me for the files.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

Jedi

On the statement of relevance, simply make a "one line" statement just as you would if you were explaining to someone "why" you were doing it.

EXAMPLE: I conducted this 10 hour ground school in order to give a hi-performance endorsement.

EXAMPLE: I took the AOPA Air Safety Foundation on-line courses for professional development.

EXAMPLE: This flight and ground training was required to re-qualify as a survey pilot.

EXAMPLE: Insurance required that I receive a multi-engine competency checkout.

I hope this helps...

Last edited:
Thank you, that helps!

I was having visions of several highly insulted review board members rejecting my application due to statements like, "a flight instructor is supposed to teach students and put them through ratings, that's what they do," "it's relevant 'cause its listed on the application paperwork," or "basic duty of CFI is to torture students."

Have a great new year!
Jedi Nein

Where did you go.? Most thought you left the country.

Kind of... I went for a type rating course and buried my nose in the books for awhile then wrote three of my own books.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

Jedi

Good luck with the MCFI application. It is a bear the first time through.

Holler at me if you need any more help. Also, send me the PDF format you have please. Send it to [email protected].

My renewal packet is going easier since I carry my "binder" with me everywhere and fill out the forms as I complete tasks. Unlike the first packet where I backpeddled to complete my paperwork because I applied well after I had met all of the requirements anyway.

What were your books on? I am writing a few books myself...

Latest resources

Back