• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Martinaire

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
uk, and do you know Naz...seemed like a great guy on the phone:)
he's gonna be doing my interview here in SAC and flying the van ...no sim ride gonna do it for real
SWEET

Is it SOP at Martinaire to taxi with 1400 torque and have every single light on (including strobes) when entering and parking on a well-lit cargo ramp? Or is it just one special person?

Last edited:
Str82theNumbers said:
Is it SOP at Martinaire to taxi with 1400 torque and have every single light on (including strobes) when entering and parking on a well-lit cargo ramp? Or is it just one special person?

we have our share of idiots.

Personally i think taxing with any more than 1300 lbs torque is just excessive!!;)

Good luck on the interview Cowboy, Naz is a great guy very knowledgable and experienced, i flew with him, he's very relaxed and makes you feel comfortable in the airplane -- not one of those gods gift to aviation types!

No sim huh, thats strange, must be broken or something!

Str82theNumbers said:

A day in the life of...

Alarm clock rings at 5am on Tuesday. Wake up, shower, climb into monkey suit (either blue or white shirt, whichever is cleaner), eat breakfast then head off to the airport for a 5:30 show time. Check in with flight following on the way to see where they're sending me today. If you fly a fixed run you already know. I flew SAT standby (the best gig in the company).

Get to the airport and go preflight the Van and if they want to use the plane supervise loading if not go directly to the FBO snooze room for more zzzz's. If I flew I'd be out and back then released by noon. If I didn't fly, released at 7:30am. Repeat this until Saturday then enjoy the weekend. I had very few overnights. If they paid what FedEx feeders pay their guys I'd still be there.

MX was great, never any pressure to fly with anything questionable although you will use the MEL. Salary stinks. And like the guy said get out of ADS as soon as possible before the DO knows your name.

You WILL be fired if you forget any freight in the airplane so always check... even if you didn't put anything in the pods still check.

All told I enjoyed my year there and would recommend this job to some one wanting to build PIC time.

Last edited:
ukavaitor,
doing the interveiw and ride here in sacramento tonight...dont have to go to ADS yet...until they hire me:)

PC12Cowboy said:
ukavaitor,
doing the interveiw and ride here in sacramento tonight...dont have to go to ADS yet...until they hire me:)

How did it go?

uk..flew it tonight with Naz..nice guy...now they want me to get my butt to ADS...I'm just to broke to afford the ticket and live with no pay for two weeks

PC12Cowboy said:
uk..flew it tonight with Naz..nice guy...now they want me to get my butt to ADS...I'm just to broke to afford the ticket and live with no pay for two weeks

I hear that brother! When i went to training, i couldnt afford a ticket either so ended up driving from Florida to ADS and lived on sandwiches and hotpockets!

They pay for the hotel and as i remember it brekfast was included!

You can do it pretty cheap but that doesnt pay the bills - same everywhere you go i guess :erm:

Latest resources

Back