Marrakesh Hotel

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

KC-10 Driver

I'm looking for a nice hotel in Marrakesh, Morocco for 2 or 3 nights, preferably a higher end place (4 or 5 stars). Anyone have any advice?

We're only going to be there, as I said, for 2 or 3 nights. So, something close to the major attractions.

Thanks.

Hey,

I can't remember where we stayed (it was a 4-star hotel with an excellent European-style breakfast included) but I do have some tips for you about Marrakech. I've been to over 40 countries in the last five years in my Navy Reserve squadron (some were not so nice...) but Morocco is, by far, my favorite. I absolutely loved it. You have to go to a place called Chez Ali for dinner one night (they have a web site). It's kind of a dinner theater/show sort of thing but very authentic and amazing. It is a huge castle out in the desert and all you can eat/drink with awesome belly dancers, music and a horse show. I highly recommend it. It was only about $13 (in 2003). Also, the "old town" area has great shopping and food. I think I paid about .05 cents US for (each) fresh orange/lime juice, apricots, vegetable soup, dates, shoe shine, etc. I kid you not. I would also recommend attending a "rug show" in the souk. You sit and drink hot mint tea and see these amazing rugs unrolled. I bought three... those weren't very cheap (I spent about $2500 US) but are huge and beautiful and worth triple here in the States. One last thing... I bought a custom fit black leather jacket for about $50. That was also in the "old town" area, which is a shopping district that has been there for two thousand years (and smells like it!).

PM me for my cell phone # if you need any more info. You will have a blast there - I'm very jealous! Oh ya, I also ate goat head. It wasn't bad.

KC-10 Driver said:
I'm looking for a nice hotel in Marrakesh, Morocco for 2 or 3 nights, preferably a higher end place (4 or 5 stars). Anyone have any advice?

We're only going to be there, as I said, for 2 or 3 nights. So, something close to the major attractions.

Thanks.

The best hotel in Marrakech by far is La Mamounia. It is one of the Leading Hotels of the World (lhw.com) and is truly fantastic. Have a great trip.

Latest resources

Back