Mark Twombly calls professional pilots "whiners."

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cancelled mine years ago, after 9/11

Didn't believe they represented my beliefs concerning GA and aviation in general.

In response to his article concerning the age 60 issue many of us emailed Mr. Twombly and voiced our outrage at his biased and uninformed story. Has anyone else received a reply? Here is the email he sent me:

Not sure how the legislation can be called a pyramid scheme. If makes sense
on the face of it. A pilot who is healthy, fit, able, and willing to work to
age 65 ought to be able to do just that. Airline seniority and union rules
determine the consequences of the rule on younger pilots.

Shame you wouldn't fly with my brother. He is a fine person and an excellent
pilot, unlike the many whiners among professional pilots.

Thanks for taking the time to write.

-Mark Twombly

Make no mistake about it, he just called us "whiners". Again, I encourage everyone to flood this guys inbox and let him know we do not appreciate his name calling.

He can be reached at [email protected]

Fly safe.

Sounds like to me that 1. He must know alot of pilots or 2. He has visited Flightinfo.Com.

Pilots are hands down the biggest whiners I know.

I quit AOPA several years ago for similar reasons.

Here is where the membership fee ($39) goes now:

1. $10 F.I. membership
2. $10 Taco Bell (goes a long way)
3. $19 in singles at TD's in Tucson. (doesn't go as far as #2)

Cancelled mine years ago, after 9/11

Didn't believe they represented my beliefs concerning GA and aviation in general.

I still believe in GA in and the important role it plays in our country. I do NOT want it to end up like Europe here, and I oppose GA user fees entirely. But when AOPA started to fight for private jets to have DCA access, that was a major rift for me. GA has no business in DCA whatsoever anymore.

As for the age 65 Twombly issue, that's his opinion and while I disagree with him, I can't condem all of AOPA for it.

Reading AOPA is like hanging on to your little kiddy blanky from the days of yore. You already fly airplanes for a living, stop being a dork and find a real hobby like motorcycles or something. AOPA sucks. Our airlines have to pay all the extra money for these guys to be weekend warriors eating into our profits. If they start paying their dues to the system my mentallity might change. But I guess even though they have nothing to do with the airline industry they want to have an opinion on age 65, you want to have an opinion then pay up!

Reading AOPA is like hanging on to your little kiddy blanky from the days of yore. You already fly airplanes for a living, stop being a dork and find a real hobby like motorcycles or something. AOPA sucks. Our airlines have to pay all the extra money for these guys to be weekend warriors eating into our profits. If they start paying their dues to the system my mentallity might change. But I guess even though they have nothing to do with the airline industry they want to have an opinion on age 65, you want to have an opinion then pay up!

Considering that you have a civilian background, would you have been able to afford your flight training if user fees were part of the equation?

GP

"I hate Alpa, I hate AOPA, I hate SWAPA, APA, Teamsters Airline Division, in-house representation, out-house representation, no representaion, don't need representation." Hell, what is it that you guys and gals do like ???

Twombly hit the nail on the head. Airline Pilots are whiners who will always look for someone else to do the heavy lifting while they scurry off to the golf course to make that tee time. And if the issue "de jur" doesn't conform to their myopic view of the world, then woe to those who stepped up and tried to make a difference. Any doubts, just read some of the posts on this thread. Looking forward to the day I can step down and walk away from this crap, whatever age that might be. :rolleyes:

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:
Considering that you have a civilian background, would you have been able to afford your flight training if user fees were part of the equation?

GP

Good honest question. Interesting he didn't choose this one to respond to. Guess there isn't enough info in it to berate and belittle.

PHXFLYR

Ya know what the difference is between a pilot and a jet?

The jet stops whining after it gets in the gate.

:laugh:

Latest resources

Back