Marines stuck; Draft?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

chawbein

That draft stuff is retarded, those two legislators are retarded, the premise for such a proposal is retarded. Enough Said.

In short, I think the whole thing is retarded.

Come on, chawbein, tell us what you really think! :D

The bill being discussed is not so much a reinstatement of the draft as it is a national service requirement.

I was in the draft, and it was quite a different animal than what is being proposed.

As far as this bill: no one will see this come to pass any time soon.

On the Navy side the only stop-losses we saw after 9-11 were SEALs and EOD (Explosives ordnance disposal) types. My personal opinion is that the policy was a contigency plan to cover a possible need to diffuse bombs on the domestic front which, thankfully, never materialized. The order was cancelled in Jan or Feb.

Conscription = Slavery

That said the people of any nation that will not rise to the occasion and of your own accord answer the call to arms does not deserve to stand.

A nation whose population will not defend it does not deserve to live and should be subjugated.

If I was younger and the call to arms was made I’d go it’s the right thing to do and the only thing to do. People who will not fight for their country deserves the fate dealt to them.

Think the Air Force could use an overweight, out-of-shape 40-year-old bizjet driver?

This is really pitiful...

All my older son wanted to do through high school was enter the military, get a grounding in intelligence or special forces work & enter the FBI after he finished his time in the service.

He was nominated for an appointment to the Naval Academy by Bill Frist. Unfortunately, he wasn't selected. I think my wife & I were as disappointed as he. Still, he bounced right back, applied & was selected for a 4-year Army ROTC scholarship.

A month or so later, he got a letter from the Department of Defense Medical Examination Review Board informing him that he'd been medically disqualified because he had ADHD & took Ritalin past his 12th birthday.

Well, we all shifted gears & he adjusted again.

I wonder how many other young people out there have similar circumstances & how the rules will suddenly change when our lawmakers learn how many of them are also unfit because of having been on medication after they were 12?

Semper Bohica.

Salty Dog said:
On the Navy side the only stop-losses we saw after 9-11 were SEALs and EOD (Explosives ordnance disposal) types. My personal opinion is that the policy was a contigency plan to cover a possible need to diffuse bombs on the domestic front which, thankfully, never materialized. The order was cancelled in Jan or Feb.

I don't know about your theory for the using EOD guys for domestic bomb disposal but SEALS do not diffuse bombs.

They blow things up.

I believe the stop-loss was enacted for all Spec Ops troops.

Just a quick explanation on the stop loss in the Marine Corps. The stop loss is only taking place on the west coast with the 1st Marine Division and 1st MEF as of now. These are the only units that are stopping Marines from EASing (getting out when the contact is over). The stop loss is all MOS (Military Occupational Specialty) all ranks. As of now these this is the only stop loss in effect. There is no recalls from the inactive ready reserve and as of now no plans for a stop loss at any other units.

Semper Fi

Bye the way FlyChicaga, nice picture.
:)

Cmdr Taggart,
Where did you hear that the stop loss only affected those 2 units? The MARADMIN I read sounded like it was MC wide. I don't belong to I MEF or 1st MarDiv but I have been stop lossed. Just wondering, thanks.

Latest resources

Back