• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Marine Pilot Slots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks so much I just did I trial PFT and got my sh!t handed to me by a couple OCS grads I feel like I'm not going to be ready by May 28th even though I'm going to the gym everyday.

"...I would watch guys who could barely do the minimum number of situps knock out 50 pull ups, while I struggled to do ten."

50 pullups?!? Guys are more studly than when I went through.

It's important to remember that all Marine Corps pilots are naval aviators. Their flight training track is essentially the same as that of Navy officers.

A good book that walks you through flight training from front to back is, "To Be a U.S. Naval Aviator."

Thanks so much I just did I trial PFT and got my sh!t handed to me by a couple OCS grads I feel like I'm not going to be ready by May 28th even though I'm going to the gym everyday.

Lynx,

I was going through my old VHS collection and ran accross some tapes I used to use to stay fit between PT Tests. The Navy Seals Workout is now on DVD and they added Semper Fit. These are straight up videos of actual military workouts. No fancy dance moves, yoga stretches, or Tae Bo sticks. I would do a killer workout in the morning, push ups, sit ups, weight training, high impact aerobics etc. for about an hour, then every evening go for a run of at least three miles about six days a week. You will be surprised of you progress in as little as two weeks.

http://www.amazon.com/Semper-Fit-Ma...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1239491204&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Navy-SEALs-Wo...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1239491162&sr=8-1

"...I would watch guys who could barely do the minimum number of situps knock out 50 pull ups, while I struggled to do ten."

50 pullups?!? Guys are more studly than when I went through.

It's important to remember that all Marine Corps pilots are naval aviators. Their flight training track is essentially the same as that of Navy officers.

A good book that walks you through flight training from front to back is, "To Be a U.S. Naval Aviator."
Dude we had a guy do 80 pullups! We also had a contest where you pulled yourself up on the bar and stayed there for as long as possible. Some of the DI's were all telling us how we were going to get wasted by DI's. I lasted like one minute, but our 80 pullup guy was still up there 25 minutes later when they told him to come down, and of course won the contest. Just a freak of nature I guess.

Good luck brother,good old USMC ,and OCS,TBS,and IOC,fond memories,now that the pain has faded ! Run,run,run, and run some more,and hit the weights hard every other day,between now,and 28 May. Quantico,will always be special to you,dont take anything your platoon sgt,or sgt instructor screams at you personally,they are just seeing how you react.Its a 75 day head game, play it with all you've got. You will do fine !

Looked at my Candidate Regs from 1967 a few weeks ago and noticed they broke down the grading as:
1/Physical:25%
2/Leadership:50%
3/Academics: 25%
However, if you were a physical puke you'd be graded down under both Physical and Leadership.I wouldn't look for a lot of stroking and they will ask you questions that will fluster you. I remember the one that I had no good answer for: Staff Sergeant Jesse C. Collier, two tour Viet Nam infantry type, asked me "what makes you think you can lead me in battle?"
Don't know what it's like now. I hear they can't punch you or hit you with rifle butts(M-14) etc anymore but I'm sure they can make your life interesting.
I'd do it again, but I'd go to Jr. PLCs in a lot better shape than I did; it like to killed me.

I'm freaking out about leaving. I'm trying my best to get in shape, but damn I'm sore. The saying goes tho nothing good in life is easy!

Latest resources

Back