• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Marine Pilot Slots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did you personally witness this feat? and were they dead hang, legal pullups? Just curious about the facts?

Yes, but I will give two caveats, it was not timed (but he never dropped off the pullup bar, he did them in quick sets with short rests between sets) and just like when someone does push ups real fast and its hard to count what is truly legal, he may not have come to the legal dead hang required on the PFT or PRT or whatever it was called back then, but it was still 80.

Just out of curiousity I checked the world record, 80 doesn't even come close.

http://www.recordholders.org/en/list/chinups.html

I'm freaking out about leaving. I'm trying my best to get in shape, but damn I'm sore. The saying goes tho nothing good in life is easy!

I agree with the folks who say to be aggressive in your pre-OCS training. But ensure that you get a good rest day a week, eat right and lay off the booze. If you think you're on the verge of injuring yourself, back off on the intensity or take a few days off from the activity that is bothering you. If your knee blows up, cut back on running. Shoulder locks up, cut back on upper body stuff.

The #1 drop reason for OCS is injury and if you show up hurt you aren't going to make it through the course.

And I know it doesn't sound very manly, but if you're getting really sore see if you can find a therapeutic massage therapist to work out some of the knots. As an old guy trying to stay young I believe it helps.

That's what I did, I took a full day off, but I feel that was useless since I could have spent it getting in more shape. I've completely cut out pop and booze from my diet and I'm trying to eater healthier foods in an effort to get me back in shape let's hope it pays off. I leave for Meps tomorrow night and to be honest I'm still a bit worried about that!

Lynx--I know you're short on time but check out 'runningahead.com/forums'. It's a civilian running site but they're at the tip of the spear when it comes to nutrition, workout regimens, cross training and injury prevention.

No pain, no gain is bull********************. You need a program.

What has been found is that rest and recovery is absolutely necessary. It is an integral part of any exercise program. Push too hard and YOU WILL GET INJURED.

Good luck!

TC

I'm afraid its too late I jacked my foot up trying to run with a fellow OCS's candidate and now I'm looking at Jan 2010 OCS. At any rate I need to be in shape by April 30th because thats when they are going to make their decision up if I go this summer or not.

Latest resources

Back