Male Flight Attendant Arrested....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey JGonzo

You took something that was a light hearted joke and turned it into somehting it was not. I did not take any discriminatory actions againist gays. I wouldnt have a second thought about flying with a gay crewmember and couldnt care less. It is you that is displaying hate and narrow mindedness.

I guess you dont make jokes about anything period including gays, blacks, the polish, the Taliban or bad cars because that would be discriminatory againist them. All of the above posters also made fun of the French and Al Qaida. Is this discriminatory? Ever heard of free speech and opinion? Do you lump Jay Leno and Jerry Seinfeld in the same category as me because they also poke fun at all of the above?

I can communicate with the most intellectual as well as the most rednecked folks out there

The most rednecked folks? And you arent discriminating you ignorant fool? What the **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** is a redneck?

As far as I am concerned you are a god**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**ed mother **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**ing Nazi. I DO discriminate againist Nazis.

Jeff-
It sounds to me as though you were trying to make a case about your straightness and success in life. While both are to be applauded, you can't ignore that most generalities begin in fact and experience.

A friend and I had a nice tour of a 777 about three years ago down at PHL. It just so happened that the ops manager for British Airways (they'll always be BOAC in my head, but I'm showing my age again...) had some spare time, and spent almost two hours showing us the plane. On our way back upstairs, we had to ask for help finding the way up to the concourse, and asked a male FA for the airline. He had distinctly affected speech, and, no kidding now, had a PURSE, along with some very unusual mannerisms.

The reason I'm sharing this with you is to point out that some beliefs about men in certain jobs have a foundation in fact, and get reinforced every day. To many, you appear to have been a notable exception. Nothing wrong with that. I just wouldn't jump all over people for a humorous comment made about an FA who was clearly a wack job if he thought that a threat written on a mirror was funny.

Whether you like it or not, you must admit that most male FA;s are gay. I personally don't care, except that there may be a causal relationship between mental illness and homosexuality. Anyway, that's not for us to argue here. On the other side of the coin, I recently heard of one male FA who was not gay, and in a class of 40 women. He had a lot of fun with a few of them, as I guess they were together a lot. So, gay or not, male fa's are having a grand old time. Good luck to all.

Hey all,

Sorry about the earlier reply. I am not making any money(on furlough), and I certainly wasn't trying to strut my heterosexual stuff. I was only trying to point out that assumptions can be damaging.
I got carried away with my reply, I have deleted it and I will avoid making replies on a post in the future.

I think we all can agree that the FA in question needs to run a nasty ol gauntlet. Hopefully he'll pay dearly for his stupidity.

Gonzo,
I can vouch for your heterosexuality. You only used the velcro gloves on the female sheep. Skydiverdriver, at Great Lakes and Air Wisconsin, the majority of the male FAs were/are straight and the majority of the female FAs are straight. Maybe it's the water?

COFF,

I sure hope you don't start circulating those pics of me on that ONE lonely night out in that central WY pasture...........

Latest resources

Back