Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Malaysian 777 enroute to Beijing missing!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Some of the newer planes have a beacon that you can take with you. ETOPS planes maybe? It floats and you can turn it on manually or it turns on automatically when it his the water. The actual aircraft ELT can't be turned on that I know of.

I see. All FDX aircraft have a control panel on the overhead that lets us turn on the ELT that is hard mounted to the airplane. We also have portable ELTs in the rafts.

It's the first thing I would do if I was having an emergency and not in radar contact/VHF comm.

Regards,
Fr8doggie

Sorry I answered to quickly.....there is an ELT switch on the overhead panel. Shows how much attention I pay. Haha. Now where is that USA today?

The QRH does say ' if installed' though...

SWA has the aircraft ELT armed via switch, activates at preset G loading, or you can manually turn it on, and two floaty ducky ELT's that are turned on manually and thrown into water.

Last edited:
The simulator they're using on cnn is a replica of a 777 sim. Is that dude in the left seat even a pilot or just some dude who runs the sim for customers?

The simulator they're using on cnn is a replica of a 777 sim. Is that dude in the left seat even a pilot or just some dude who runs the sim for customers?

Apparently it doesn't have an autopilot because he has been furiously hand flying it for a week now.

Latest resources

Back