Make up your fuvking mind!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GravityHater

I have a gig where the organization calls about 2x per month and I go for a 1/2 day or a day's flight.
They are totally scatterbrained and cannot keep a schedule. I am at my wit's end with them this week. I got a call about 10 days ago; 'need you Thurs the 7th'. Then Monday it was off. Tues it was on again, with more details of when and where. Then Wed it was OFF AGAIN. Get Your Fuvking Sheet together you dooches! From the last call, until Thurdays departure time, I was wondering if they would change it yet again....but they did not. This is not high level biz meetings, its all personal crap, and people who can't plan beyond their next glass of Shiraz. I make zippo to be on call for them.
I can't remember a trip that did not have 2 changes in destination or departure time, all at the last minute, and I know enough about their personal lives that they could easily have known and told the pilots in advance. Apparently they have zero consideration for us hoes.
Once we were to go pick up a pax and the schedule on that was relaxed, so we were going to leave to give us an hour's leeway at destination for this pax. If we had left 5 mins earlier we would have missed the car racing towards us on the ramp "I forgot to tell you, the trip is off"!!! Geeeezzzz!

I am about done. Thankfully I don't need this gig. I think I might step aside and let some other slut take their disrespect and lack of consideration. Hopefully they can institute an on-call fee - ha, fat chance of that.
Thanks for listening, fellow hoes.

Do the changes mean you do not get paid? It is not personal, it is just the way it is ...

Seriously, have you considered 121?

I think I won't give notice of quitting.
Next time they call for a trip I will accept and then show up.....but refuse to fly. I will give an angry, long-winded, arm-waving tirade about how they are going no place today just so that they can see for themselves what it is like to be constantly jacked around. Then I will quit.

/wishful thinking.

I think I won't give notice of quitting.
Next time they call for a trip I will accept and then show up.....but refuse to fly. I will give an angry, long-winded, arm-waving tirade about how they are going no place today just so that they can see for themselves what it is like to be constantly jacked around. Then I will quit.

/wishful thinking.

I will make the assumption that you are free lancing for the folks, yes.

The only way I broke people from doing this to me, back when I free lanced, was to charge them when they canceled a trip with in a pre-established time limit.

Go to the owners of the aircraft and explain to them that your living is dependent upon flying for people that own aircraft who do not have full time pilots and that by tiring up your time and then canceling the trip cost you money. Therefore, you need to set some type agreement that when they contact you for a trip, at a certain time period the clock is ticking.

One other approach is to sign them to a retainer for a minum of so many trips a month and that they will have first call on your services.

If they refuse to go with either option, time to start turning them down and you need to find other customers. Hard to do I know, from personal experiences.

Good luck.

Another thing you can do......Next time they cancel, more than 24 hours out, then call to say the trip is on just tell them you have accepted another flight.
Looks like they're not going to give you any respect unless you force then to.

You say they call maybe 2X a month and cancel half those?

Stop answering the call, certainly does not sound like its worth the aggravation.....or triple your rates.

Dont fight with them, you wont win. Regardless of how flaky they are you want a good reputation as a contract pilot...

You know some other sap will be all over this job, which will reinforce their thoughts that we should shut up and confine ourselves to contritely asking 'how high'.

Walk away from these ass hats. They have obviously have been allowed to walk all over their crews for long enough that they see no problem treating you like crap. Unless they're paying $2,500/day, just say 'no thanks' the next time they call. You'll be happier in the long run.
What other shenanigans do they pull? Any sort of decent SOPs? Any regard for duty time or decent hotels and food for the crew? Good maintenance? That kind of operation is generally deficient across the board.
There are a couple of outfits that I have done contract work for that I simply won't fly for anymore. A polite "No thanks, you guys don't run the kind of operation that I want to be involved with" and they'll quit calling.
Putting up with that kind of crap is like flying for a hundred bucks a day and a Subway sandwich, or paying for right seat time. Hurts the industry in general.
Sure, someone else will probably end up doing it, but it needn't be you.
Do you want these guys on your resume'?

Latest resources

Back