• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Make The Call People

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
True. No grammer checks on PCs, most pilots would fail that. Anyway if this is age discrimination, why would so many pilots gladly fly under a set of rules that does so? Changing the age to "65" because of age discrimination is in itself discrimination. The minority of pilots who want this change should be screaming for no age limit. What gives?
ps sorry for any grammer errors-

I agree. No age limits, period, would be the consistent approach. Personally, that's what I'd like to see happen.

However, I would also agree to much steeper standards for physicals and a better flight proficiency check than the "canned" pc check where everyone knows exactly what is coming when.

This would absolutely cause a huge number of earlier-than-planned retirements. I suspect you'd start seeing pilots getting forced out around 50, and rapidly start climbing as age increases.

It would also pretty much eliminate most flight safety concerns related to age-of-pilot as well.

(And boy-howdy, I sure wish the state governments would start doing this to car drivers as they get older. Dream on though . . .old people VOTE!)

Uhm more than you think.. Where do you think retired 121 pilots go?

I would hope they would go to the beach to sip margaritas and watch girls 40 years younger than them play volleyball in their swimsuits, but I guess some of you are just losers that have no life and would rather be waking up at 4am to go fly some rich a$$hole around in a Citation. :rolleyes:

Of course, they were totally ineffectual in stopping the change (or it sure looks like it).

Under Captain Woerth's leadership, this change was delayed for many years. The geezers with no lives have been trying to change this rule for a very long time, and ALPA has been extraordinarily successful in stopping them.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back