• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Majors watch out!?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Also, this whole article goes out the window, if airlines have pricing power. With all the mergers and capacity restraint it sure does seem to be the case.

Wasn't the architect of deregulation and ivy league grad? Just because this individual is an MIT employee, doesn't make him right. In other words, I think his future predictions are full s@%$.

Ticket prices can only go up so far. As employees sometimes the realization of sharing the pain is hard but necessary. Everyone of us has a responsibilty to help our companies remain profitable in good and bad times.

Swellbar is a ATA tool. I read this article twice and couldn't figure out what he was trying to say. He's an idiot.

(fingers in ears) " la la la la la la la la la la la la"

He's not saying what we WANT to hear. He, therefore, MUST be an idiot.

Ticket prices can only go up so far. As employees sometimes the realization of sharing the pain is hard but necessary. Everyone of us has a responsibilty to help our companies remain profitable in good and bad times.

Post #13? It took you that long to chime in? Dude, getting slow or were you still too attached to a knob to realize it was your turn at bat?

(fingers in ears) " la la la la la la la la la la la la"

He's not saying what we WANT to hear. He, therefore, MUST be an idiot.

You must be in line for his first BJ on South Beach....(see above)

Move to France and surrender when you get there!!

In a free market he is free to invest in a start up CRJ 700 operation that does nothing but at-risk flying.

PIH to SLC is a hot market.

Last edited:
The thing that's going to kill service to small airports is NOT pilot salaries, but $100+ oil. They know it's coming, and they're laying the ground work to make us take the fall for it. The first thing these clowns always try to do is convince the pilots that they are in control of the financial well being of the industry. They appeal to our huge egos and flatter us while reaching into our wallets. Oh yeah, and the new duty time limits are going to be a huge boon to the airlines. We'll all soon be flying 20% more.

The way I read the article he thinks Mainline guys should agree to fly the smaller planes for a regional rate. This would give security to the Mainline pilot. He thinks that regional airlines should branch out into other markets of the world as the mainlines take back their flying and become at risk partner airlines within alliances, thus competing against the mainline carriers. I do not disagree.

Latest resources

Back