• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ty, you're clearly a racist good ole boy
!

Haha
I'm your huckleberry- that's just my game-
But tonight I'm wrecked- see how rational you stay tomorrow-

"PC parrot ruining america" doesn't sound particularly rational to me- but I'll flesh that out later

Ty, you're clearly a racist good ole boy!
Haha
I'm your huckleberry- that's just my game-
But tonight I'm wrecked- see how rational you stay tomorrow-

"PC parrot ruining america" doesn't sound particularly rational to me- but I'll flesh that out later

http://www.examiner.com/article/fac...ntary-was-hitler-more-liberal-or-conservative

Couldn't agree more- forcing airlines to proactively hire minorities and women is just like murdering 6 million Jews

Yo Wave, do you have any idea how hard it is for me to give a post of yours a thumbs up, let alone two :) :beer:

Intelligent debate is a rarity; few people are able to engage in intelligent exchange of opinion, or even tolerate the airing of another's opinion, if it is contrary to their own.

Freedom of Speech means supporting the right of others to state their opinions, especially those you disagree with.

Shouting down others that you disagree with, and trying to take away their right or ability to state their position are the tactics of Fascist states.

A great example is the atmosphere surrounding any challenges to the "Global Warming" mantra. . . . Ten years from now, it will be revealed as this decades' equivalent of the Red Menace, or the Population Explosion, or the Y2K meltdown, or the big "scare" of every other decade . . . . but for now, if you are a scientist with a legitimate opinion that goes against the "Warmists", you are effectively blacklisted.

Pretty disgusting state of affairs.

Sigh...the term Freedom of Speech refers to the First Amendment. Please explain to us how Congress, the federal government, or any of us (for that matter) are abridging your speech.
To be clear, the First Amendment ONLY applies to Congress (and generally the federal government). I figured I'd include this forum in the question because I don't see how anyone here is limiting your ability to expound your opinions.

Sigh...the term Freedom of Speech refers to the First Amendment. Please explain to us how Congress, the federal government, or any of us (for that matter) are abridging your speech.
To be clear, the First Amendment ONLY applies to Congress (and generally the federal government). I figured I'd include this forum in the question because I don't see how anyone here is limiting your ability to expound your opinions.

If you re-read what I wrote, you might realize that I am talking about the principles on which our country was founded, not a legal definition.

If you want to split hairs, you'll have to find someone else to play Socrates with. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info

B6driver as you can see I still cannot find my comb. However I am rubbing a combination of horse testosterone and chia pet nutrients on my upper lip so I can grow a fat mouth brow, caterpillar, upper liphostery, or moustache as freighdogfred suggested. Unfortunately the hair on my back really seems to be the most robust these days.

Mamma your first post was hilarious but it was another one of your thoughts that echoes what I am hearing on the street and in this thread. Sounds like H.R. will be more active in this hiring boom than the line pilots and walked-in resumes. Waveflyer mentioned networking and I do think that will be important, but maybe not as important as in the past.

I'm finishing my accounting degree and taking my 6000 hours of 135/91k to a major near you and hoping for the best. If I have to endure a couple of years of 121 commuter pay to become competitive then it wasn't meant to be. I do like the idea of attending job fairs, hadn't thought of that.

Thanks everyone and I will leave the PC discussion to you. It is interesting to note that most college ethics books and many state institutions have reversed course on affirmative action and deemed it discriminatory.

*That in no way is and endorsement, position or opinion on my part. ;-)

I appreciate the advice.

Waveflyer mentioned networking and I do think that will be important, but maybe not as important as in the past.

Networking is still the single most important way to get a job. I believe it will change in the next few years as pilot demand goes up, but to get hired at the beginning of the wave you need people pulling for you.

Agreed!
100%

It will be the difference between ending up in the beginning, middle, or end of the wave. Each position will have vastly different careers. Please remember that. Zen out, but building relationships is what life is all about and very important in our career

Point taken

Skyline and wave flyer your points are well taken. The best thing about networking (besides feeling connected) is that it is free! What pilot doesn't like that!?

Latest resources

Back