• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MAIR Investor Mad!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have heard people say that NWA will screw us over is they own us. Well, i say that there could be some really good things that come from them owning Mesaba, and some average things aswell. Even if it jsut means replacing the avros, thats good enough for all that are here today. I think its most everyones goal to leave, or just hang out for a few years for retirment. In either case, 36, 76 seat jets would make it a better deal for all at mesaba.

I just think that its the bankruptcy judge and the creditors who have control over what happens to Mesaba, not the mad MAIR investors. They should have been the ones wondering why MAIR was not bailing out the airline in bankruptcy! Oh, and another thing, a lot of people think that the MAIR letter between ALPA and MAIR will be void if NWA buys Mesaba. How could that be. Can anyone with real insight shed some light on this? Oh and not anyone who thinks that NWA is buying us so that MAIR can grow bigsky.....give me a break.....do you seriously think that bigsky would fly EMB's at BE 1900 rates? i think not.

Before Ch11 XJ was staffed for 64 saabs, 35 avros and staffing increases for the new CRJ fleet was in full swing. Long time FOs were finally upgrading, previously downgraded Captains were re-upgrading and things finally started to look up for us XJers. Getting 36 planes to replace the avros is HARDLY anything to be excited about. If XJ doesn't see a fleet in excess of 100 airplanes, it is not growth and most certainly will NOT benefit everyone on the property. If all current FOs can't upgrade and stop logging SIC time over the 4 freaking thousand mark, it isn't worthy of calling it GROWTH. So, I disagree, I don't think 36 CRJs, ERJs or whatever will make people happy.

I have no pitty for the idiots that invested in MAIR. It's their fault for not seeing what a sham this organization is. I agree, MAIR has fleeced Mesaba enough. Unfortunately I don't think there is any way to escape the red tail. The only thing you can do is vote with your feet or continue to take the beatings.

FO

Last edited:
Oh, and another thing, a lot of people think that the MAIR letter between ALPA and MAIR will be void if NWA buys Mesaba. How could that be. Can anyone with real insight shed some light on this?

ALPA will fight it tooth and nail to make sure that that letter stays intact. I wouldn't be too worried. Holding-company scope is something that ALPA legal spent considerable time researching and developing. The "MAIR Letter" is the ultimate consummation of several years of research and work by the legal department.

I am not only an employee at Mesaba, I have money invested in MAIR stock.
So far, it has been paying off and I would recommend it strongly to people as I see more upside from here.

I am grateful these people have gotten together and drafted this letter. They are looking out for the other investers here. Paul Foley should be doing this,
but if there is one thing I have learned from watching him the last several years, it is you can't count on that guy for pretty much anything.

All the people who are complaining about MAIR and what they have done to Mesaba will be the same ones complaining when MAIR stock scores and makes the executives rich, while they endure hardships and paycuts for it.

I say there is a way to share in that and that's if you can't beat 'em join 'em in the stock. Nothing is certain, but I like the chances of MAIR's stock over the next few weeks a lot. So far, it has provided a very nice Christmas bonus for me and I think it will pay off very nicely in the next few weeks as well.

Good luck everyone!!

145 million for what?A 121 certificate is worth about 2 mil.Ya they have a few buildings and trained employees but the only real value is the NWA contract and whats that worth?

I am not only an employee at Mesaba, I have money invested in MAIR stock.
So far, it has been paying off and I would recommend it strongly to people as I see more upside from here.

I am grateful these people have gotten together and drafted this letter. They are looking out for the other investers here. Paul Foley should be doing this,
but if there is one thing I have learned from watching him the last several years, it is you can't count on that guy for pretty much anything.

All the people who are complaining about MAIR and what they have done to Mesaba will be the same ones complaining when MAIR stock scores and makes the executives rich, while they endure hardships and paycuts for it.

I say there is a way to share in that and that's if you can't beat 'em join 'em in the stock. Nothing is certain, but I like the chances of MAIR's stock over the next few weeks a lot. So far, it has provided a very nice Christmas bonus for me and I think it will pay off very nicely in the next few weeks as well.

Good luck everyone!!

Good point. Whether you like 'em or not, it's been a sweet investment for many pockets ... as of late (including mine). This coorporation NWA/(MAIR), is shrewd and cunning. Ever since the Harvard study that they brought in to evaluate and disect NWA with the Carlson Schoool of Business at the Univ. of Mn. ten+ years ago. It REALLY started with Nyrop back in '54. Perhaps even Lorenzoe 'esque as we evolved through this latest crud. Really doesn't matter. Might stink to work with them, but wise to invest in 'em (NWA). Bottom line folks ...

Really doesn't matter. Might stink to work with them, but wise to invest in 'em (NWA). Bottom line folks ...

Its only buisness right???

People like you make me sick.

145 million for what?A 121 certificate is worth about 2 mil.Ya they have a few buildings and trained employees but the only real value is the NWA contract and whats that worth?

NWA contract? What contract? As of right now, XJ has absolutely NO guaranteed work with NWA. NADA. Remember, we haven't even solidified any agreement for the stinky old SAABs yet.

Former XJ Airplane update if anyone cares. Saw 601 on IAD cargo ramp with the shades pulled. Saw 361PX also in IAD with a fancy new paintjob. White with red and blue stripes and an American Flag on the tail. Looks nice wonder how she flies. HaHa. cya

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back