Mailing Resume's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

groundpointsix

What's the protocol for sending resumes by mail?

Flat envelopes of course, but does it matter what class of mail you send it by? Should you request a delivery confirmation? Hand written address or should you use printed labels? Anything else I'm forgetting?

Thanks.

Just send it first class, unless you have an internal referral. In that case, you would try to get it hand delivered.

You can use a 9x11 envelope (I think that is the size). You need extra postage for them. Check with the post office on weight for the cost. I would not request a return receipt - people do not like to sign for those because they are usually legal papers! :D

There is debate on handwritten or not. Statistics show that handwritten mail gets opened faster. However, if you have poor handwriting, I would not suggest it. I think it would be more professional to put "typewritten" labels on it.

When you are putting the resume and cover letter in the envelope, with the back of the envelope facing you, put them in so the words are facing you. That makes it easier for the person opening the envelopes.

Hope that helps!

Kathy

Latest resources

Back