Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Magnetic wonding is medically forbidden, what do they do?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mar said:
Serious thread drift here, eh? Did you know Topo is Italian for mouse. The Italians call Mickey Mouse "Topolino".

Anyone know the price of beans in Brazil? :cool: :confused: :rolleyes:
jsoceanlord, is that you? ;)

What I want to know is, has the TSA ever had to deal with a real oppressed-in-the-name-of-God Muslim woman wearing the burqua with the gauze over her eyes?
ID check - impossible
outer garment removal - impossible
breast and crotch massage - I'd pay to see it
Selectee status - her birthright
I'm sure the ACLU would be responding Code 3!

350DRIVER said:
How about the folks with a steel plate in the head, leg, arm, screws/pins, etc...? !!

3 5 0
My wife has artificial hip. She gets wanded everytime.

I have a relative with titanium knees. The machines go on red alert when he's still two feet away.

Once a TSA sup got cranky with him about the size of his feet (they're swollen to 3x size) and demanded he sit for foot wanding twice. He told the sup that the next time he sits will be his last for several hours and the sup would be personally liable for helping him get up again. A senior sup was called, that guy took one look at the relative, asked what medical condition he had (rhumatoid arthritis), and let him through without a second wanding.

Ten years ago he went through screening still wearing his hard hat and steel-toed boots. That sup asked if they were steel-toes, stomped on the relative's toes (yep, they're steel), and let him through.

Ten years makes such a difference....

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

350DRIVER said:
The TSA is not out to give these medically "challenged" folks a hard time, if anything leniency is shown towards these pax.
I don't believe that the TSA really cares about a persons discomfort ot medical condition, except to the point that they don't want them to die at the checkpoint. I have seen over and over wheelchair bound persons made to stand for 5 minutes or more, clutching a railing because their relatives aren't allowed to assist.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back