• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

magazines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm a member of and read AOPA and EAA mags.

I usually toss ALPA's mag along with the rest of my ALPA mail as soon as I get it.

Stopped Aviation Week S&T and just stop off at the library every other week to read it now along with Flight History and Air and Space Smithsonian. I go to Boarders to look at Airways and Flight International.

Used to read ProPilot but they stoped sending it to me so thats that.

I like AIN but don't get the subscription. I also like NTSB reporter and IFR refresher but also cx the subscription.

I find that I get the best info from this site and other web sites, but you have to learn to weed out the BS.

I know it sounds like I'm cheep but I'm 6 months into a 2.5 year plan to save for an airplane and downpayment on a house.

Last edited:
Air and Space Smithsonian, and Flight Journal.

For General Aviation, AOPA mag seems to be OK. They usually have a variety of articles pertaining to different levels/skills of flying. Since it is a GA mag, mostly pertains to that audience.

If your profile is current, would say Flight Training is a pretty good mag for newbies. It has been years ago, but thought it was good reading for a "beginner".

I hope this isn't "sacreligious" to point out another web site, but Avweb has a variety of articles written by an assortment of aviators that usually contain pretty good info. Haven't read them in a while but I think it was under the columns section.

I subscribe to Business/Commercial Aviation my McGraw Hill.

It's a good read if your into corporate aviation, and corporate aircraft. It has a lot of articles on airmanship, and various subjects to help make you a better pilot - from the perspective that your already a career pilot. I've learned quite a bit from them, and its always a fun read to take long on trips.

Pacific Flyer....it is not a glossy, but it is the best rag out there.

Hi cforst,

I have to agree with most of the others. Flying has gone downhill since about the late 80's. Bax and Morgan are gone, and they were only decent read in there. If you are a dude with more money in your pocket then you know what to do with, and just have to know how the latest Citation, Lear, Challeger or TBM flys, then it's probably a good read.

I prefer AOPA's mag. Free with the membership, readable articles and nice pictures.

Some of the local, home grown mags/newspapers are pretty decent, like Southern Aviator.

Aviation Leak and Spy Technology is VERY spendy. It's interesting for its military and space news, but the airline news is biased off the scale pro-management. Most of the space news you can find on the net, like at www.spaceflightnow.com . Flight Internation is a better bet...same news, but more evenhanded, and the editorial quality is higher, IMHO. If it's one thing the Brits know how to do, and thats write about airplanes.

Nu

IFR is the best flying mag out there...not color, but articles that will save your ass. And the "heard on the airwaves" thing on the back is always funny...

Vandal said:
IFR is the best flying mag out there...not color, but articles that will save your ass. And the "heard on the airwaves" thing on the back is always funny...

I agree. Also, it doesn't have all the crap that flying and p&p has.

I get all the usual. If you fly professionally, you can get Business & Commerical Avaition and Pro pilot for FREE. I also get Dirt Rider and MotoCross Action.

Tony, is that a Husky in you avatar?

Not really pertinant to the original question, but for Cessna owners, I was really impressed with the Cessna Pilots Association mag and web site when I joined. Exceeded my expectations quite a bit. More for the maintenance stuff than anything else. Lots of tips and technical info, product reviews, and priceless stuff on how to avoid costly maint mistakes...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back