• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Madatory UTA's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How about the enjoyment? I'm gonna be doing thirty years of airline flying, and I still enjoy slapping on the NVGs and flying through the mountains on a low-level. I'm with Magnum...do it until you don't enjoy it anymore. I'm sure that 30 years of airline flying at some point will become routine, so I like the reserve/guard gig to keep things spicy...along with meeting ladies at the bus station.

We went to mandatory UTA's since we have a deployment coming up. We need OG approval to miss one. It has been a pain in the A$$ and has caused a lot of discontent. If it continues when we get back it will certainly contribute to some guys leaving. Most of the pilots feel that UTA is a waste of time. It is mainly for the booger eaters around the wing to train their people.

I'm going to tell my flt/cc that this sucks!! Haha the booger eaters. UTA is some form of acronym for the shoe clerks to sum up how the pilots are fraud, waste, and abuse.

My unit has not had a mandatory UTA in a couple of years. But we're closing, so no one really cares! Any tanker units with openings?

I never did a UTA in 6 years in an associate unit. All were "make up UTAs..."

Then again--we had a small but very different unit. It rocked. If you can stand being tied to an active duty unit (like Magnum), the flexiblity is very very nice.

Every unit has its own issues. Glad you guys serve, in whatever capacity.

This thread jinxed the poop outta me. . ! I just got served! letter came today via email from the CC stating that 6 utas will be mandatory next fiscal and of those, 2 require additional 3 days of AT following the weekend ! ! ! ! How many times can I get briefed on homos, Virtual everything, GDSS, LOAC, and Info Assurance (whatever the F that is). . . .

Im volunteering to go to the desert. . . atleast they fly airplanes there. .

Bagasticks, you are in my unit you big dummy. This ws the big announcement at the UTA. I am looking to go to CBM to teach. the 18th is for the birds at this point.

HH,

Man, I gotta say I LOVED teaching part time in an active duty unit. Lots of great guys in Possum town, and only 3 hours away. If you can stand not being shot at and being a training toad a while--it seems (outside looking in) like a great gig. If I hadn't already secured a wonderful job flying Eagles part time, I think flying T-6s amd training new guys or raging around in T-38s would have been great. Ditto the T-1...not an airlift guy by trade but some of the nicest dudes I know at FDX do that part time and dig it. I'd say you'd probably be a great fit.

Just shine your boots. AETC will have its own pains, but its a great place to share what you've learned all these years.

Bagasticks, you are in my unit you big dummy. This ws the big announcement at the UTA. I am looking to go to CBM to teach. the 18th is for the birds at this point.

I wouldn't know i was only there on saturday. . I just got the memo today. . . . not pretty. hows memphis? If you go back to the Toners. . . . chick studs are OFF LIMITS PERV!

I've about had it with this crap. 7 years left is too much for med benefits that will probably change by the time I'm 60 and a 1500 buck a month check. I'd be better off flying extra at my airline and investing that extra money.

Some aspects of the AFRES were more rigid and idiotic than the AD. I feel your pain. I dealt with some mickey mouse BS as well and just decided to quit playing. I miss the flying and 75% of the folks from the 18th, but have not regretted my decision at all. I had 8 years to go, but decided it was not worth it. FWIW.

Flew with an FE not too long ago who was doing the Colombus instructor gig, he said they are way over full, and he was thinking of leaving. Anyone have friends at the tanker unit in Fairbanks?

Latest resources

Back