MAC, Empire, Baron, etc.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rip Vanwinkle

How do the various FedEx Caravan operators compare? It seems that the base salaries are essentially the same, so what about QOL? Incidently, yes, I've read what I can on the subject. I'm still not entirely clear on how difficult it is to get a non-floating route. For the sake of argument, my ideal spot would be in or near a major metro area, flying a four day fixed schedule. Unrealistic, I realize, but what are the possibilities? Also: What are the chances of eventual upgrade from the van to the ATRs or F-27s with minimal multi time (for the companies that have them)?
Edit - Also, per diem. Pardon, but I don't have any experience with this term. Is that received regardless of where you sleep, or only on overnights? In the case of an hourly perdiem, which hours count?

Thanks in advance,
Rip

Last edited:
There Is no flowthrough agreement to FedEx mainline. I dont Know were you heard that from. The QOL with MAC is great. the pay is good, the per diem is 27 a day when you are away from home. Been here for a while and have had no problems.

Thanks for the response texan. Is 2100TT/700 135 time a realistic resume for a caravan slot? And is there any chance of an upgrade to the ATR with 10 multi if you put your time in on the van? How difficult is it to get a stable line? How often are you out of town? junior bases?

Again, Thanks
Rip

Last edited:
If you do get the van, it is likely (in time) you'll go to the ATR.

CE

Over here at Empire the QOL is pretty good, although some people have a better deal than others because you end up working harder at some bases than others due to the nature of our route structure. I imagine that is probably typical at any other feeder operator. Most of our pilots are assigned a base, although there are a couple of ATR floaters right now-I don't know if the company plans on having permanent floaters or not.

Per-diem is 30 $ per overnight or the hourly rate is 1.30/hr for route perdiem(I'm not entirely sure on that one but I am pretty confident that it is right)

I don't think there is a MEL requirement for the van-I think that it would be possible to move from the van to the ATR(after 1 yr) with minimal multi time but that would be a question that you would want to ask.

texan1 said:
There Is no flowthrough agreement to FedEx mainline. I dont Know were you heard that from. The QOL with MAC is great. the pay is good, the per diem is 27 a day when you are away from home. Been here for a while and have had no problems.

Hey Tex!

How is the weather???

152HVY

Latest resources

Back