Lynx (Frontier)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Trench Pay?

Expect GLA EMB CA rates for the Q400 would be my guess, and there will be a line out the door

Is this a guess? I would figure something to mirror QX payscale for their dash drivers. What happened to the guy from F9 H.R. that was heading up the new Lynx HR?

I am sure F9 would love to hire on mesa's experienced Dash pilots - I'm they would get treated better!

Hopefully those jobs stay under the frontier seniority list.

not a chance. they have made it very clear that lynx is going to be a completely separate entity from us here at mainline. they also made it clear at the town hall meeting that pay scales would be comparable to regionals (i.e. horizon, mesa, etc), nothing spectacular. i inquired about lynx openings myself and was told they they would be posted early next year.

There's no reason the F9 pilots and the company can't both get what we want. They've stated that they want separate companies & I (for one of many) think that anything with Frontier on the side should be flown by Frontier pilots. We need look no further than Continental/Continental Micronesia to find an example of a nearly identical arrangement in action. They are separate companies whose airplanes are all flown by Continental pilots. As for the 'well-qualified' applicant being forced into the right seat of the Q400, that would be, IMO, the most significant problem with this arrangement. There are some possible work-arounds . . . fences, seat locks or some other leapfrogging scenario. I'm not sure what the answer is, but I do see it as a surmountable challenge. Much better than accepting the same screw-job that's been handed to every single pilot group before us that's dealt with a holding company/wholly-owned subsidiary scenario. How many 'well-qualified' applicants do you think we'll get when our growth is stagnant and our future even less certain? In case any of my fellow F9 pilots are wondering, yes, I have repeatedly voiced my concerns and suggestions to the union . . . to no avail. Its been made clear that their minds are made up that the upcoming TA, with its scope clause, will be the answer. I wonder how many other union administrations have thought the exact same thing in recent years. Do you think they were right? If not, you need to make some noise, and I mean now! This thing is shaping up as I'm typing, and I get the distinct impression that my dissenting opinion is one of very few the union is hearing. Do you think that 'whatever's going to happen is going to happen'? If so, it will. The only way we can get what we want is if we make it known that it is what we want. 'One list' is good for everybody. We get the job protections we need and the company keeps it single greatest asset . . . loyal, dedicated, motivated pilots.

If the same folks doing the hiring at Lynx were at F9 when Mesa was there, I suspect there will be very few current Mesa people getting hired to fly for Lynx.

It may have changed but I know Mesa was not a good experience toward the end of that relationship. I have heard people at the GO say that they will never hire a former United or Mesa employee after some of the attitudes they brought over.

There's a big difference between Horizon and Mesa payscales.:laugh:

i haven't worked for either company, just using the reference that was given. please forgive my faux pas.

September 21, 2006
LYNX AVIATION (Chief Pilot)
Denver, CO
Tel: NO CALLS
Fax: none
Email: Click here to apply
Web Site: none
Cheif Pilot for new regional airline entrant. Must meet all requrements of FAR 119.67(b). FAR 121 air carrier flight operations experience preferred.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back