Lynx (Frontier)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyf15

Anyone have any information on Lynx as far as openings goes? Have they started hiring yet? If not, anyone know when they will start to accept resumes?

Hopefully those jobs stay under the frontier seniority list.

Hopefully those jobs stay under the frontier seniority list.

Hopefully, yes. I would want thet as well if I worked there.

But imagine this; You are an RJ CA, corporate CA, ACMI/Non sched pilot, military pilot, crappy airline CA, military guy, whatever. In other words, have worked your way up and want to go to someplace that is a career destination so to speak. You have wanted to work for F9 for a while for whatever reason. Good company, from DEN, or because you would get to an Airbus for one of the highest new hire payrates in the industry.

You interview, get hired, and find out you will be jerking gear on a -8. Granted, it will be a damn nice plane to fly, but probably for an "industry average" turbo prop rate with who-knows-how-ling to get into the Airbus. That would not even be a lateral move for most guys listed above, it would be downward.

What if the movement is slow? Even 2nd or 3rd year FO rate on the -8 would proabably never get you near what you gave up to go to Frontier.

I thought they made it clear at the Q400 TownHall that they will be seperate? Have they said anything to change this?

I am guessing going to Lynx would give you a pretty good "in" at F9 down the road if you are in good standings since I bet the HR departments will be nice and friendly with each other.

I am betting they will be starting to announce their "openings" after the beginning of the year. How long does it take to go through training for a Q400?

Am curious to see what the pay scale will be and what the minimums are going to be for FOs. Am guessing $25/hr and mins at 1000/100?

I am guessing going to Lynx would give you a pretty good "in" at F9 down the road if you are in good standings since I bet the HR departments will be nice and friendly with each other.

Not necessarily. Since they will both be owned by Frontier Holdings, it may make it hard to move from Lynx to mainline because the company would have to go through the expense of training you twice, then replacing you at Lynx.

Not necessarily. Since they will both be owned by Frontier Holdings, it may make it hard to move from Lynx to mainline because the company would have to go through the expense of training you twice, then replacing you at Lynx.

So it is smarter to let a known quantity leave and go some other place and still have to train the same amount of bodies?

Only the names would change in that scenerio. Instead of Jim leaving and coming to mainline for training, you now have Jim leaving for another airline and Steve replacing Jim, while Bob goes to mainline. Now you have to introduce two people to the corporate culture instead of just one.

So it is smarter to let a known quantity leave and go some other place and still have to train the same amount of bodies?

Only the names would change in that scenerio. Instead of Jim leaving and coming to mainline for training, you now have Jim leaving for another airline and Steve replacing Jim, while Bob goes to mainline. Now you have to introduce two people to the corporate culture instead of just one.

I'm afraid Trogdor is probably correct. This happens all the time at QX/AS.

Your logic may make sense to you and I, but to the hiring types...well, I don't know what to say.

Besides, I'm not sure I'd want to have to keep my head down and kiss ass for a few years at Lynx to get a job at F9 mainline. If you really want F9 mainline, you might actually be better off NOT going to Lynx.

There isn't an operating certificate yet. Proving runs haven't started nor has a single airplane been delivered.

I'm sure there will be lots of info when it does happen though.

Expect GLA EMB CA rates for the Q400 would be my guess, and there will be a line out the door.

Latest resources

Back