• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

LYNX aviation interview ?'s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
$.04 ?!?!? That I find hard to believe...That's like $890 per block hour. You can't even operate a B1900 for that, no way in hell you can feed and water 10000 horses and a crew of 4 for that price.

The Airbus number is accurate, a CRJ, even a 70 seater, is pushing it to be below .10, more likley .11 or .12, but whatever. The Q400 would be respectable at .09, downright heaven-sent at .08. .04 has got to be bull.

Sorry to throw a wrench into the works, but industry standard is to not add fuel/oil into the calculation of CASM. (Audit as many quarterly reports and prospectuses as you'd like, but nearly all of them in the definitions specifically exclude fuel from CASM calculations.)

I picked two references from the multitude:

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2007/04/05/foolish-fundamentals-airline-operating-metrics.aspx
http://sec.edgar-online.com/2005/03/18/0000950124-05-001689/Section2.asp

This means that there are actually two separate numbers that contribute to the overall operating cost of the airframe: CASM and Fuel cost per ASM. (Both typically enumerated in the quarterly report or prospectus)

Last edited:
For any of you Lynx insiders:

I and several other people at my place of employment would really like to apply to work there, but this pay issue is holding us back.

When do you anticipate that there will be a review of the pay scale?

I want to stress that this is not flame. Lynx is an operation that would work very well and fit into many of our plans given it's hub location and growth plans.

Latest resources

Back