• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Luxury at 30,000 feet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow....are they gourmet straight from Michelle Bernstein?

Probably, and I don't have to move to the Sandpit to get them. They are very tasty, and she does a great job.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Probably, and I don't have to move to the Sandpit to get them. They are very tasty, and she does a great job.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I bet they are....knowing that ice cream sundaes are now served in first class on Delta, Dairy Queen should start charging more for them. :D

I will stick with the 9 course meals and private first class suites in the sand pit :).

Although Delta's service in business/frist class is the better one for US airlines, it is impossible to provide the service that airlines abroad are providing now a days, one thing that management doesn't get is that a demoralized work force provides enough just to get by, to provide excellence in service, each employee must deliver just a little more, something extra than just enough to get the job done, employees here in the US have been so disillusioned by the industry that they are constantly in a "war with the company" mode, How can you deliver a good experience when you hate everything about what you do?

I bet they are....knowing that ice cream sundaes are now served in first class on Delta, Dairy Queen should start charging more for them. :D

I will stick with the 9 course meals and private first class suites in the sand pit :).

You do that. I'll happily go walk to a nice Dairy Queen anywhere in the US or drive there in my car without the crazy Dubai traffic. There's a really good place here in ATL now called "Rita's", with really good frozen desserts. You've got to try it when you get back to ATL. Enjoy the 9 course meals and first class suite, and resulting 4 extra hours at the gym needed each trip. 9 course meal? That is crazy. I try to only eat one meal and maybe a dessert each INTL leg. Good for you.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Although Delta's service in business/frist class is the better one for US airlines, it is impossible to provide the service that airlines abroad are providing now a days, one thing that management doesn't get is that a demoralized work force provides enough just to get by, to provide excellence in service, each employee must deliver just a little more, something extra than just enough to get the job done, employees here in the US have been so disillusioned by the industry that they are constantly in a "war with the company" mode, How can you deliver a good experience when you hate everything about what you do?

That's not necessarily the case always. The Asia flying does have some Asian based flight attendants that do a great job, and the interiors are all going through mods right now to try to compete with some of the larger Asian and ME airlines. Not everyone hates everything about the airlines, but again some people will never be happy, and some of that is from outside influences too. Not every flight attendant is happily married with 3 great kids. A lot of foreign flight attendants aren't allowed to be married or even have kids, and could lose their jobs for it. You just really can't compare the two types, but if you want to live abroad and fly, then you can experience something like that. I think the service has gotten better, and early out programs with medical (something new) has just been offered to help some of the more "senior" flight attendants make the choice to retire if they want to. This is the first time medical was included.

Bye Bye---General Lee

A lot of foreign flight attendants aren't allowed to be married or even have kids, and could lose their jobs for it. You just really can't compare the two types
I'm not talking about only the cabin attendants (which a LOT of them at the rated 10 best airlines in the world are married) it is the entire organization, from the costumer service agents, mechanics, even the people that clean and service the airplane, its been a very long time since any employee in the us airline industry feels any pride about what they do.

Last edited:
I got to ride in First on IB A340 from ORD to MAD. There was no comparison to the food and service in business and first on AA. IB was a glorified coach service on domestic short haul plus a marginal meal.

On AA (and the other domestics, I assume) I get fat and hammered by 30W. Most here know I'm no AA suck up either.

YMMV.

TC

I'm not talking about only the cabin attendants (which a LOT of them at the rated 10 best airlines in the world are married) it is the entire organization, from the costumer service agents, mechanics, even the people that clean and service the airplane, its been a very long time since any employee in the us airline industry feels any pride about what they do.

I think our own NRT operation is the best one we have. Those people work very hard and are honored to do their jobs. Could it be a cultural thing? I don't know.

Bye Bye---General Lee

There's a really good place here in ATL now called "Rita's", with really good frozen desserts. You've got to try it when you get back to ATL.

Is it Rita's Italian Ice?

I grew up where they started, if that's the place, yes it's great! Root beer or mango gelati, please.

The majority of people at the airline I work for have a LOT of pride in what we do.

Latest resources

Back