Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BornFromJets

Holy furlough Batman
It's time to retire the TJMaxx special that's served me well the last 10 years. Looking at the Luggageworks 22' Stealth vs. Executive. Can anyone compare the two? Executive is cheaper and lighter, bonuses in my book, but uses the plastic frame vs. metal. Will it hold up as well as the Stealth, or do you get what you pay for? It will be riding in the 737, any problems with fit with either bag? Quickly, before this gets condemned to another forum! Thanks!

It's time to retire the TJMaxx special that's served me well the last 10 years. Looking at the Luggageworks 22' Stealth vs. Executive. Can anyone compare the two? Executive is cheaper and lighter, bonuses in my book, but uses the plastic frame vs. metal. Will it hold up as well as the Stealth, or do you get what you pay for? It will be riding in the 737, any problems with fit with either bag? Quickly, before this gets condemned to another forum! Thanks!

Not sure of difference between the two but I can definitely vouch for the stealth that is advertised to fit the 737. It makes a huge difference. I had the normal stealth for ten years and fought the damn 737 cubby hole the whole freaking time. Finally replaced it with the 737 stealth version that is 1" more narrow and it fits the POS 737 cubby whole like a dream and it will probably last twice as long since I don't have to kick it and twist it every time to get it to fit.

Not sure of difference between the two but I can definitely vouch for the stealth that is advertised to fit the 737. It makes a huge difference. I had the normal stealth for ten years and fought the damn 737 cubby hole the whole freaking time. Finally replaced it with the 737 stealth version that is 1" more narrow and it fits the POS 737 cubby whole like a dream and it will probably last twice as long since I don't have to kick it and twist it every time to get it to fit.

Just ram it in there - usually takes me 3 rams. First 2 bounce off some mystery bar a Boeing Engineer hide under there and on the 3rd it relents and slides right in. Just don't have anything in the side pockets, not even a sock - that day it took me 10 rams before I discovered the single sock in the lower side pocket as the offending item. Some day before I get bounced of the 73 I'm going to take a hacksaw to work and cut that "mystery bar" off once and for all.

Last edited:
Get the costco rollerboard... you buy it once and take it back whenever it gets a bit rough and they'll give you a brand new one.

Executive is cheaper and lighter, bonuses in my book, but uses the plastic frame vs. metal.

I've never owned the plastic, just a lot of guys that have.

If you're at SW and don't have to carry a flight case anymore it may be a non issue. But the guys I know that had the Executive complain about the mounts in the top of the frame for the handle to be a weak spot on the plastic frame for years. Having to haul a 40+ pound flight case up and down curbs can cause it to wear prematurely.

Also, if you commute, the plastic frame doesn't seem to hold up as well as the metal for the times you may get stuck having to check the bag.

I've had the Executive case for about 8 years with no problems. I've heard it is too weak for large flight attendants to sit on, but otherwise will hold up to the abuse of rampers. The metal frame on the other hand, is more likely to get bent under the same conditions and there are plenty of examples out there of that. My advice is to never let the bag drop off curbs with a flight case attached, just lower it and it will last.

Latest resources

Back