• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

LuggageWorks starting to make their products in CHINA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Incorrect. You're just trying to wash your hands with the same lame and trite excuses. The market and capitalism is not the answer to everything.....recent ahem, "events" have proven that.

Actually the free market is working nicely for those who didn't over-extend themselves.....Home prices are falling because there are too many. As they fall, more buyers will come in. Combined with the low interest rates....there has never been a better time to buy....I'm getting ready to buy more property...

Gas prices are also falling because demand is down....Supply and demand works.....

The biggest problem going forward will be the debt that our govt. is taking on....

It is possible to buy non-chinese, just not at Walmart/Lowes/Target/HomeDepot/etc

I manage to buy most everything I need without ever buying Chinese. My wife has a much harder time when buying for the kids. I just bought a digital camera, and was able to find many non chinese models. I just bought a DTW area assembled automobile, that claimed 50% US content, 30% Mexican and the rest was unassigned. I know the tranny is German, I also see that the tires are frigging Chinese. You can bet that I will replace them at the earliest possible moment. Given any excuse, they're history.

Res is right, we have no one to blame but ourselves. The only reason WalMart is successful is that the average American doesn't care about American jobs. We are a very uneducated, shortsighted, selfish people. BTW, who runs the education system?

Hey murdock, NewBalance is only American at the upper level of their product line. Like everything else, you've got to check the label.

Red Alert, almost all vaccinations are produced in China, if that knowledge doesn't scare you, nothing will.

Which camera did you get that wasn't made in China? I'll be getting one too.

Which camera did you get that wasn't made in China? I'll be getting one too.

My Canon Digital Rebel XSi is made in Japan. Not Made in the USA for sure but at least the workers have health insurance and are paid a respectable wage. My little Panasonic point-n-shoot is also made in Japan.

For made in America pilot products try:

Allen Edmonds shoes
Fechheimer pants (some models)
Pilothouse shirts (Canada)
Union House T-shirts
Cabot and Sons socks

Last edited:
The problem is not enough Americans care if their Levi's jeans or Master locks are made in the USA. And our gov't isn't willing to give tax breaks and incentives for LW, Levis' and Mastor Lock to stay in the US.

Jesus. You support higher taxes for corporations and "rich" people, yet you bitch that the government doesn't give tax breaks to keep jobs in the US. You can't have it both ways, and yet you don't even realize that.

And how many times have I seen people right here on FI looking for bags that are cheaper than the LW brand? I bet I could find a few threads right now if I cared to look. So they do something to try to stay competitive and you want to attack them for it. I own several LW products, and I will mourn their loss, or at least their loss of quality. But if you really can't figure out where your philosophies don't work for the people and the country then you are hopelessly beyond help.

Did you notice that all of the southern politicians fighting the saving of Detroit have Japanese auto plants in their states? Did the F'ing Japanese elect them? Shelby is a particularly large penis on this issue.

PIPE

And isn't it funny that Toyota sold 9.37 million cars in 2007 and made 17 Billion, while GM sold 9.37 million cars in 2007 and lost 35 Billion? And funny how those Japanese auto plants in the south employ American labor.

The vast majority of Americans are dumb sheep. Even accounting for my misantropic views, it's still an objective reality. Don't expect the hoi polloi to save us from anything. They're too dependant on the system coyly paved by the upper echelons to retain the power and control of the systems movement.

The Golden Rule:

He who holds the gold, rules.

He who pays the piper, calls the tune.

C'est la vie.
If you use words like misanthropic and hoi polloi in everyday conversation; you're probably too smart to be a pilot. But what do I know?

Latest resources

Back