Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here is the response from Luggage Works:

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry concerning LuggageWorks bags.

We are proud of the fact that we are the ONLY U.S. luggage company that actually makes and assembles pilot rolling bags in the USA.

The rumor you heard may relate to the fact that we started having Flight Attendant luggage made overseas about 2-3 years ago. The reason for this is that we simply could not compete with other companies that import these bags if we were to make them in the USA. The same is true for some of our accessory bags. Our costs for such items as duffels, totes, and lunch pails would be two to three times as high were they to be made in the USA. Our experience is that the market simply will not bear such a price level.

You should also know that we have exacting standards on our Flight Attendant and accessory bags that are made overseas. Even with these standards, we still perform a 100% quality inspection in our U.S. factory before these bags are shipped to the customer. We know our competitors do not perform quality inspections in the USA.

Again, thank you for your inquiry. We look forward to being of service to you again in the future.

Regards,

CF
LuggageWorks

Wow, kudos for an honest response.

However...

How long until we just can't afford to have our planes flown by American pilots?

That's what that jerk wad in Alabama, Sen. Dick Shelby, wants to happen. Break all the unions, send the jobs to where the corporations can pay the lowest wage with little or no benefits, ie open shop states like.......ALABAMA!!

That's what that jerk wad in Alabama, Sen. Dick Shelby, wants to happen. Break all the unions, send the jobs to where the corporations can pay the lowest wage with little or no benefits, ie open shop states like.......ALABAMA!!

That is right.... maybe we should replace Burger King and McDonald's in the south with Sushi and Soba noodle shops....

Maybe the south will rise again..... We can call it New Tokyo....

How long until we just can't afford to have our planes flown by American pilots?

That is the end game...

In the US on demestic routes it will be foreign pilots flying foreign registered planes for foreign companies...

And Americans, via consumerism, are doing it.....

Did you notice that all of the southern politicians fighting the saving of Detroit have Japanese auto plants in their states? Did the F'ing Japanese elect them? Shelby is a particularly large penis on this issue.

PIPE

F--- China.

F--- their undervalued currency

F--- their lack of human rights

F--- their work rules and low wages

F--- US govt for not protecting US manufacturing jobs

F--- US companies for caring more about their stock and shareholders instead of their own workers

and F--- the many of us here that don't care about local made.

Post of the year!

really???

FurloughedAgain,

Your signature says...

"Celebrate your successes. Find some humor in your failures." - Sam Walton

So, you're promoting domestic made products but you are quoting the guy who's business is responsible for the largest amount of Chinese imports in the country?

Wal-Mart is the single largest importer of foreign-produced goods in the United States, and the majority of its private-label clothing is manufactured in at least 48 countries around the world—and almost none in the United States.
Wal-Mart’s biggest trading partner is China. The world’s largest retailer admits it bought some $18 billion in merchandise in 2004, from China, nearly 10 percent of all Chinese goods sold in this country that year. Through August 2005, the United States was running a $126 billion trade deficit with China.

Full article at....

http://www.aflcio.org/corporatewatch/walmart/walmart_5.cfm

It is possible to buy non-chinese, just not at Walmart/Lowes/Target/HomeDepot/etc

I manage to buy most everything I need without ever buying Chinese. My wife has a much harder time when buying for the kids. I just bought a digital camera, and was able to find many non chinese models. I just bought a DTW area assembled automobile, that claimed 50% US content, 30% Mexican and the rest was unassigned. I know the tranny is German, I also see that the tires are frigging Chinese. You can bet that I will replace them at the earliest possible moment. Given any excuse, they're history.

Res is right, we have no one to blame but ourselves. The only reason WalMart is successful is that the average American doesn't care about American jobs. We are a very uneducated, shortsighted, selfish people. BTW, who runs the education system?

Hey murdock, NewBalance is only American at the upper level of their product line. Like everything else, you've got to check the label.

Red Alert, almost all vaccinations are produced in China, if that knowledge doesn't scare you, nothing will.

Latest resources

Back