Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PositionandHold

Truthiness
Anyone own their "Regal I" bag? I don't want to spend$ 320 on their purdyneat steel bag because I don't see it as worth it.

Their "Regal I" bag looks pretty rugged, any experiences? For 150 bucks, could be a good buy.

From crewoutfitters.com:

Introducing LuggageWorks new Regal Series. The new Regal Series is comprised of two distinctive flight attendant lines of luggage, the Regal I premier line, and the Regal II economical, yet perfectly functional line. Complete with a honeycomb plastic frame, high quality sealed bearing inline skate wheels, telescoping handle, and ergonomic zipper pulls. There are numerous external pockets, a removable pouch, and a j-hook that allows accessory bags to be attached to the rolling bag. The 22” bag has a shoe pocket that can be accessed from both the inside and outside. 9.2 lbs.

All you need to know. Meant for flight attendants and has plastic outside frame. Do yourself a favor and get the steel or go really cheap and get a Costco bag and just keep replacing it.

I don't mind if it's designed for flight attendants, as long as it gets the job done. It looks like a normal overnight bag. It does have a plastic frame, but it does feel pretty darned sturdy. Just don't know how it holds up in the long run which is what I'm trying to figure out. Was thinking about keeping a Costco cheapo as a spare bag.

Like most things you get what you pay for. If you are really concerned about the long run, I'd go for the purdy neat bag. Built tough, and a good warranty. Watch what most people drag around the airports, and you'll see a ton of purdy neat bags. Same goes for flight cases, go cheap and buy one every few years, spend a little more and buy a Scot bag and drag it around for decades. You will never be dissapointed if you buy quality. You'll appreciate the good quality for years after you've forgotton what you spent.

I wouldn't spend the money PNT wants...

And I didn't. I got a Vortex bag from StrongBags.com and I love it. It is $100 cheaper than a comparable bag at PNT. The company is owned by a Southwest Pilot. Used to work for ASA he says in his "about us" page.

It looks like they are doing really well, I am starting to see more of his bags in the lounges.

Here's the link if you're interested.

www.strongbags.com

Luggage Works bags are made in Missouri.

Strongbags are made in China, right?

My 737 Stealth is a TANK was the best investment I've made in this job besides my Sennheiser 25KA. And if you commute to work (especially via an RJ) you'll want the PNT because it takes cargo hold abuse like no other bag will.

Whatever you do stay away from Travelpro junk...

Luggage Works bags are made in Missouri.

Strongbags are made in China, right?

Yep. And they look to be a complete ripoff of the LuggageWorks design. (Except for the handle, which is telescoping -- another potential failure point.)

The only thing I don't like about my LuggageWorks bag is its weight. But it's tough-as-nails, no doubt because of that sturdy construction. Very few rivets -- virtually everything can be easily replaced with a screwdriver if it wears out.

LuggageWorks is a terrific company, and they do indeed manufacture their products here rather than shipping it from China. If you can deal with the weight, I strongly recommend their product.

Last edited:
The plastic frame luggage works should be fine as long as it is not checked into the cargo bin. If you can guarantee yourself that it will always be in the cabin, go for it. Otherwise, it will be crushed by the rampers.

And I didn't. I got a Vortex bag from StrongBags.com and I love it. It is $100 cheaper than a comparable bag at PNT. The company is owned by a Southwest Pilot. Used to work for ASA he says in his "about us" page.

It looks like they are doing really well, I am starting to see more of his bags in the lounges.

Here's the link if you're interested.

www.strongbags.com

I purchased one of these bags in July. It is worth the money and is cheaper. It is a tank, but lightweight!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back