Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Loomis

Hello Everyone,
Don't know if this is the correct forum for this question but I was hopeing to get some advice on a good suitcase for a 4-7 day tour. I was looking at the Travelpro Crew4 in 22" size. Looks small enough for a carry-on. I was just wondering if it's big enough on the inside. Comments, inputs welcome.

I used to use a 22" travel pro with the extendable sides. It worked fine for 6 day tours but if I wanted to buy anything it just didn't work that well.

I now bought a 26" size and check it everywhere I go. I haven't had it lost and I can stay out 7+ days without worrying about running out of clean clothes.

I've given up trying to cram stuff in the bag. Checking it works fine with me and it's not my problem if they lose it.

D

Hey Loomis,

I know how you feel. I was incredulous to think anyone could pack a carry-on bag for a 6 day rotation, but you'll get used to it. As far as a good roller bag, I first used an American Airlines bag, found it at Sears for around $99. I used it for 3 years and it finally broke down. Of course, being a creature of habit, I just had to find another one just like it. What I found was much better. Try looking at Kenneth Cole's "Reaction." I found mine at Dillard's, but you can probably find it at any of the upscale stores. I paid around $100 for it (normally approx. $130, but found it on sale).

The things to look for, in my opinion, is one that has the garment bag on the side, and not covering the main compartment. This way you don't have to take out your hanging garments when you just want to get just your work-out clothes or whatever. It is very convenient. Also, I would look for an expandable bag, so that if you choose to pack more and don't mind checking it, you can. The Reaction bag has this, and I wouldn't recommend getting a bag that is more than the 22" required by airlines for carry-on. You may not have any options if you do.

Hopefully this helps. I am very empathetic to your concerns, as I had to deal with the same thing! Good luck. ;)

Any thoughts on the standard samsonite hardside wheels type pullman? Thats what I have. Should I buy something different? On the Falcon 2000. Thanks HF

Go with the Purdy Neat Stuff International size bag. It's a little more expensive than the Crew4, but well worth it. It's big enough to easily get a week's worth of stuff in it, and they're practically indestructible. I've had mine for almost 3 years, and the worst problem I had with it was when I ripped the zipper off (my own fault). I called them up, and they sent me a loaner bag, I sent mine back, and they fixed it free. They also cleaned it up, put new wheels on it, etc. All without having to ask. I will never buy another bag. Their phone number is 800-722-1793, and their website is www.purdyneatstuff.com.

Latest resources

Back